If You Ever Walk Away

jooyul's pov

his heart dropped when he saw the results. he did like soyoung, but why did it feel like he left his heart somewhere else. no matter how hard he tried to picture the future, every time he saw soyoung, her face would change back to yeonwoo. every birthday, every christmas, every party, it was always yeonwoo.

the only thing on his mind now was one word. "why?" but deep down he knew the answer to that. he knew it was his fault because he let his doubts fill him again, and picked soyoung. and just like that, he fell onto the rough grey rubber of his carpet and started crying.

crying for the future he lost, the love he lost, the beautiful and patient girl who helped him and gave him advice to win-over other girls despite her loving him. the girl who wrote songs and books about him. he lost his first true love because he was scared of his own feelings.

so, he slipped on the blue earphones she got him. they were covered in yellow stickers she hurriedly splattered on to "represent how she'll always be connected with him if he listened to music".

he did the most self-destructive thing he could do and listened to cornelia street, the song she wrote for him.

"I hope I never lose you, I hope it never ends. I'd never walk Cornelia street again."

then flashes of memories came through his head, taunting him for letting his doubts come in between the girl he truly loved.

"yeonwoo!" he screamed as soon as he saw her inside picka cafe. their cafe. the place he would watch her write and send her snacks saying they were freebies from the management.

"jooyul?" she looked up from her computer with a smile so bright he thought he could die right then. he wanted that smile to be his. he wanted to be the one that could cheer her up when she had bad days. the person she could always count on. he took a seat next to her and ruffled her hair.

"i made up my mind now. my heart made its decision yeon." he looked at her with a lopsided smile.

"That's the kind of heartbreak time could never mend. I'd never walk Cornelia street again."