So We Meet Again (Xiaother)

//Written by Daniel!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes.. I wrote this reallt late at night- //

"Xiao please I'm sorry- It isn't my choice-!" Aether choked out as the portal started to close around his body. He stuck his hand out reaching for his lover who stood before him.

"I love you so so much.. Please.."

Xiao's lower lip quivered. He reached out for the hand trying to grab at it. He wanted to pull him out of there. He wanted him to stay forever. To be his. To never leave.

But right then the portal closed, making the hand retreat and a last scream echoed out through Tevyat.

"XIAO-"

Xiao stood there his legs feeling like jello, his heart feeling empty, and his face running with tears. His jello legs finally gave way as he fell to his knees with a bruising thump.

He stared blankly at where his lover once stood- Silently waiting for him to return. Yet he never did. Xiao finally let his head drop and watched as the tears fell onto the ground.

What was the point anymore if Aether wasn't there? Since they had met Xiao had been the happiest he had ever been. He thought it would be permanent. He wished it was.

{Many Years Later}

Xiao had heard the whispers of the people of liyue saying a strange person had been searching for him. He tried to ignore them. There was no point in believing them- probably just a strange outsider who thought it would be appropriate to ask for some sort of wish from him.

However, curiosity got the best of him as he heard more of the chatter. The people described more and more in detail.

"I heard they wanted to meet near the wangshu inn"

"I heard they said that they were close to the Adeptus"

"Apparently they are quite an eye catcher."

"They dress so strange"

"Wings?"

Okay the more and more people said the more and more curious Xiao became. He soon asked around and figured out when this mysterious person planned to meet.

He decided to go. If he was attacked this mortal stood nothing against his thousands of years. He was confident. He just wanted to see what this was about.

Xiao came in peace looking around the outer edge of the Wangshu inn. Where could this person be? That's when he saw them. A wisp of honey blond hair swaying in the breeze under the shade of a small tree.

Xiao cautiously moved forward. What the hell? All these rumors started to become less and less like rumors and more truth. The wings, the strange appearance. And yet they were all too familiar to Xiao.

"Hello..?" Xiao says softly, tilting his head. This had to be someone else no way.

The blond whipped his head around quickly to look at him. Xiao almost stumbled back at the boy's face. Staring back at him was his blond lover, shimmery gold eyes brimmed with tears and his cheeks rosy pink.

"Aether.." Was all Xiao could manage as he looked at the boy up and down.

The traveler's wings twitched slightly before disappearing in a wisp of glittery sunlight.

"Xiao!" Aether immediately flings himself around Xiao, their lips connecting.

Xiao flinches but melts to the somewhat familiar feeling.

They let go to stare, eyes watering as they took everything in. Aether squishes Xiao against him, hiding his face in the fluff of Xiao's hair.

Xiao shook, clenching tightly onto the back of Aether's clothes. He never thought in a million years he would see his lover again.

"You came back.." Xiao sobbed as Aether squeezed him tighter.

"Of course I am.. It took some figuring out and a lot of searching- but I could never leave you" Aether says softly "I love you too much.."

"I love you too, traveler" The adeptus mutters into his shoulder.

Aether leans over kissing the top of Xiao's head- To which Xiao smiles looking up. The two look at each other lovingly before reconnecting in a long kiss.

"Xiao.. I- I love you so much"

"I love you too.."

"I- this is so out of nowhere and I get if you say no.. But will you marry me..? Please..?"

"What..?" Xiao blinked.

"Sorry that was a stupid question- I've just been wanting to ask that since I left- Sorry- I-:

Aether was cut off by another kiss. Xiao let go his hands still grasping Aether's face.

"Y e s. I will marry you. Yes."

Aether beamed, his tears starting up again. He hugged Xiao close, giggling like a mad man. Who knew the day he was most nervous for would be the best day of his life.