Secrets and lies - Part 5 - Jaime x Reader

"Ser Jaime." (Y/n) gasped slightly as she stared up at him. Quickly getting to her feet as Jaime strengthened himself. Glared slightly at Tyrion over his shoulder, before turning his attention back to the nervous looking lady in front of him. A lady that was refusing to meet his gaze.

"Lady Baelish.........(Y/n). It is so nice to see you again." Jaime replied. The Kingslayer moving slowly closer. The lady seeming to take a step back with every step forward he took.

(Y/n) couldn't help but internally scream at the gods. Why? Why did they feel the need to punish her like this? What had she done to deserve such torture? If she had been her brother, she would have been able to understand it. The younger mockingbird never fooling herself that her brother was any kind of good man, despite how much she cared for him. She had always tried to do her best to prove, that not every Baelish was cold, cunning, deceitful, and ruthlessly manipulative. That in her case, a smile was a true smile. That she had no ulterior motives for the things she did. But it was still her that was being punished. The only thing that she wanted but could not have, standing in front of her. (Y/n) sure that the golden lion looked even more handsome than he usually did.

"Ser Jaime. You will have to forgive me. I did not know that you were here. I was expecting to see your brother. Tyrion invited me to the library to see about a book. But, as he is not here, and it would appear that you were here to see someone, yourself, I will take my leave. I am sure that Tyrion is around here somewhere. I should probably go and find him." (Y/n) explained softly, curtsying slightly before making her way back to the door.

"Oh, and I placed your flowers on the table. They are very beautiful. I am sure that your lady will love them." (Y/n) continued sadly. Her shaky hand resting momentarily on the handle before she slowly pushed open the door. Desperately fighting back the tears, that were stinging her eyes.

"They're for you." Jaime called out, picking the small spray up from the table and quickly making his way over to where (Y/n) now stood, seemingly rooted to the spot in the now open doorway. The breath catching in her throat as she felt Jaime's hand rest softly on her shoulder.

"The flowers, they are for you (Y/n). Tyrion wasn't the one that wanted you to come here. We just had him inform your brother that it was he that wanted to see you. I know that it may not have been the best thing to do, but given your friendship with Tyrion, and your love of books. I thought............perhaps I was wrong though." Jaime tried to explain with a heavy sigh. His head dropping as (Y/n) remained with her back to him.

Jaime had never been able to understand why he was like this around (Y/n). Usually he was so strong, so confident, so brave. Knew what he wanted and took it. He was a Lannister after all. Yet when he was near the young mockingbird, he felt weak, vulnerable, meek and mild. He knew that he needed her. Only with her by his side could he be the man that he really should be. That with her he would truly be strong.

"But why would you do all that? Why would you give me the flowers? Surely, they should be for the woman that you love. The woman that you spoke about, yesterday." (Y/n) finally replied. Slowly turning to look at the lion. The usually confident man now appearing exposed and fragile.

"But I am, (Y/n). I am giving them to the woman that I love." Jaime told her as he raised his head to look at her. The golden lion hesitantly holding out the posey for her to take. A soft smile pulling at the corners of his lips as she reached out. Her fingers ghosting over his hand, as she took the flowers from his grasp. (Y/n) no longer able to hold back the diamond like droplets of tears as she held the bouquet close. The sweet odour of the blooms filling her senses. The young mockingbird not sure what to think about what Jaime had just confessed.

Not for one moment would she have thought that the beautiful lion could have feelings for her. That he could feel for her, as she felt for him. That the man that she had longed for and loved for so long, could want her too. Yet as she looked up at him. His soft smile making her heart skip a beat, as he raised his hand and brushed the tears from her cheeks. His body moving closer as she smiled in return. She knew that she had to ask the questions that felt so foolish now.

"You........you love me? All those things you were saying. All those things that you were asking about. They were to find out what I liked? To find out about me?" (Y/n) enquired. The mockingbird sure that her heart would at any moment break out of its bony confines, as the golden lion wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. Jaime gently placing his forehead against hers. His warm breath fanning softly over her skin, as his beautiful green eyes seemed to twinkle in the late morning rays of the sun, that streamed through the great windows.

"Yes (Y/n). I know it may seem a little foolish now, but I wanted to make this perfect for you. I wanted the moment that I told you that you were the most beautiful, wonderful and remarkable woman that I had ever met. That I love you more than I thought possible. That it is you that gives me a reason to be truly brave. Truly strong. And that without you, life is nothing. To be a moment that neither of us would ever forget." Jaime confessed, before his lips finally met hers. The feel of his mouth against hers. His breath taking hers away as he pulled her ever closer, proving more intoxicating than any wine. Than any Shade of the evening. The young Baelish' head spinning as she felt Jaime's heart pound, just as violently as hers.

"I.........I love you too. I always have." (Y/n) gasped, as Jaime reluctantly removed his lips from hers. The golden lion holding her tightly as she pressed her head against his chest.

"Then be mine, (Y/n). Always be mine. Love me until the end of the world, as you said you would." Jaime continued. The lion placing is hand under her chin and raising her head, so that her eyes were looking deep into his emerald orbs.

"Yes. Yes Jaime. I promise that I will love you until you and I are no more. Until the world has come to an end." (Y/n) replied. Jaime kissing her lips again. (Y/n) knowing that she would do just that. And that from now on, there would no more need for any secrets or lies.