Second💎

"Kyro. Breakfast, love." Katok ko sa pinto ng kwarto niya at pumasok ako.

I don't let him lock his doors yet, and I don't lock mine too. Rule namin 'yon dalawa, as long as we knock before we enter. Kami lang namang dalawa palagi sa flat.

Pagpasok ko, nakita ko siyang inaayos ang necktie ng uniform niya. Maaga talaga gumigising 'tong anak ko. Minsan nga, mas nauuna pa siyang magising kaysa sa'kin.

"Ma, I might be home late because I have dance practice after last period." He said as he took his bag and approached me with a kiss on the cheek, "Good morning."

"Okay, sure. What time do you need to be picked up?" I don't have meetings beyond 5PM today, kaya I was thinking I could fetch him and we'll have dinner out.

"I'm not sure, po. I'll just call."

"Alright then." Sabay na kaming bumaba at dumiretso sa mesa para kumain. The unit is just the right size of big and small for the two of us. Two floors, three bedrooms, a wide enough living room, a kitchen and a dining area. Pinasadya kong hindi countertop because I wanted the unit to feel homey.

I could've bought a house, but a house would feel too big for just the two of us. A unit seems small, but with the right furniture, it's just right. Besides, home is where my son is.

"Bye, ma." He kissed my cheek before he hopped off of the car. I watched him as he met up with some friends, who probably waited for him by the steps, and laughed as they entered the halls.

I dialed Draco as I set off to get to the company, and he immediately answered on the second ring.

"Ever occurred to you that I might be in bed, naked with afterglow whenever you call me this early?" He said with a hoarse in his tone. Must've woken him up.

"Are you?" I raised my brow.

"No."

"So, suck it up. You haven't been laid in two months since you broke off your engagement with Karen Viejo."

"Her name was 'Karen', there wasn't a choice." I heard some ruffling in the background before he added, "What's up?"

"I think I'm gonna cry."

"Give me names and I'll have their balls tied up for you."

"Not in that way, you idiot." I rolled my eyes at him, not that he could see it.

When I arrived at the company, I got off the car and handed my keys to the valet as I entered the lobby.

"Kyro's growing up too fast. I just saw him fist bump his friend and they laughed."

"Your son is in sixth grade. Sixth graders do that." Now this time, I just know he's the one rolling his eyes even though I couldn't see it.

"I know. That's exactly why I want to cry." Pumasok ako sa private elevator na one-way patungo sa office ko, "I don't want to see him grow up so fast."

"Well what are you gonna do? That's life." Now I'm hearing the shower in the background, "You can't just stop the world from turning."

I greeted John a good morning then went inside my office, "Nobody said it should."

"But you wish it would."

"Stop sounding good." I sat on my chair, turning on my pc, "I like you better when you're dumb."

"Isn't that why you called me?" He said a-matter-of-factly.

I let out a groan, reluctantly agreeing, "Anyway, will you come by the office today?"