In Love With A Dream - TokyoRev

Mikey had only ever seen the ravenette sleeping, on the bank of the river where he told Takemichi about the era he wanted to create

Mikey had only ever seen the ravenette sleeping, on the bank of the river where he told Takemichi about the era he wanted to create. And he only ever saw the sleeping boy in his own dreams.

That sleeping boy, who caused white and blue flowers to sprout around him as if his presence were loved by nature, who felt like Mikey was in the presence of something not human, who seemed like the sweetest insanity, had plagued every dream since the day he met Takemichi at Kiyomasa's gang fight. And with the vivid dreams came the boy filling nearly every waking thought, Mikey wondering if the boy actually existed or if he was simply Mikey's imagination.

Mikey felt like he was in deep for someone, something, that didn't exist. It scared him. It beyond terrified him. It was like falling off a cliff and grabbing for the air as if a rope would appear. It felt dangerous, like a certain death. Yet he could practically imagine himself letting his body teeter of the edge with arms spread wide like wings as he fell into the insanity, into the boy of dreams.

The ravenette didn't feel like he was the cause of Mikey's madness, but rather that he was the madness itself. That this boy, who he began calling Yume after feeling it was right to, was his madness. His insanity. His dark impulse. His everything negative wrapped elegantly, like he was both the calm and the storm.

"Yume?" Mikey's voice croaked out, the blonde was having a swirl of lucid dreams the night before halloween, he was genuinely scared of the upcoming fight. He couldn't face Baji. And now in front of him was a slightly awake Yume, something that he hadn't ever seen.

The eyes he was always so carious the colour of, a cold blue, peered at him half lidded for a moment. Yume just stared, Mikey almost thought he fell back asleep with his eyes open.

Suddenly the stare broke away and Yume pushed himself to sit up, his floral grey kimono slipping off his shoulders a little. Yume looked like porcelain, without imprrfection. His eyes returned to Mikey and his lips parted as if preparing to speak.

"You're very uneasy tonight, why?" A voice softer than any Mikey had ever heard, a voice that immediately told him it was okay and he was safe and he could relax, spoke caring words

"I have to fight my friend tomorrow, to get him back." Mikey spoke, his own inky gaze looking down at the vivid grass. What harm was there in spilling his worries in his own mindscape? It was more or less admitting to himself what he already knew, and it was not like Yume could spill his thoughts to the world.

"Manjiro?" Mikey looked up at his name being called, shocked to hear it fall so readily from Yume. "Would you like me to be with you tomorrow during the fight?" The boy offered.

Mikey was confused, to say the least. His dream-boy somehow coming to a gang fight? Not only were their dozens of bad feelings about the fight, but the thought of having Yume there unnerved him. What if Yume got hurt? What if Yume meant him sleeping during the fight? He couldn't place an answer but before he could ask, he felt his mind tugging him away and out of his dreams.

Only a soft goodbye relaxed him enough to wake up without a jolt, Emma's voice seeping in as Yume's slipped from his grasp.

-

It didn't take but two seconds for Mikey to recognize the raven haired boy in the ornate grey kimono who, in a split second,  seemed to take over Mikey's body. Mikey was cast aside and could only watch as Yume slammed his head back into Chome's.

Mikey watched as Yume lifted Chonbo and their leg, launching the male while simultaneously nuclear kicking Kazutora and sending him flying. If anyone watched closely, they'd be able to see the faint differences in the kick.

It was cleaner, faster, and harder than Mikry had ever done. It was precise, aiming for a target and hitting exactly where Yume wanted it.

In Yume's control, the body turned to the fight below before faltering. Mikey could feel the pounding migrain that swirled in his mind.

Even as the body fell to it's knees, Mikey felt Yume punch their right arm into the air as an okay and elicit moral-boosted cheers from Toman. The fights below continues as Yume set their arm down and returned control back to Mikey.

"What.. was that?" Mikey internally asked, praying Yume would answer.

"That was me being with you for the fight" Yume answered back in Mikey's thoughts. He was disconcerted by this all. The fact that Yume could puppeteer him so easily in particular. So even though he felt Yume prepare to speak again, he cut Yume off.

"What are you."  He questioned, a little more hostile than he intended.

"Gah- you and your brother are so alike- fight first think later" Yume breathed out a laugh "I am a being, I can't exactly specify in a language not meant to comprehend me."

"What? And how do you know Shinichiro" Mikey asked, not paying any attention to his surroundings as the muffled sound of Kisaki proclaiming that he'd protect Mikey filtered in through the sound of Mikey's own thudding heartbeat.

"Think of me like a household spirit for now, one that latches onto those in the Sano family. I was with your brother until the end but was too late to protect him. In his stead, and with a shocking turn of events, I am protecting you. Now. You need to rest your head for a moment so you get back in there. If needbe, I'll help you other ways." Mikey could practically feel Yume's soft hand shutting his eyes and encouraging him to shut up and regain his composure enough to finish this battle.

-
A/N: Should I continue this? Right now it's giving Yume being an alter and Mikey is part of a dissociative system (yay ✨️more trauma✨️ for the sano child) but I'm also leaning towards Yume is genuinely like a deity-esque being and can leave Mikey's mind/body