Study techniques

The way u study is very important. Not everything is going to work for you so experiment with different techniques.
------------------------------------------------------------
1. Blurting:
Blurting is where you quickly read over a textbook or exam specification, close the book and write down as much as you know or can remember. Once you have done this, you reopen the book and compare your notes to the textbook to see what areas you know more about and what areas you need to revise more.
------------------------------------------------------------
2. Pretend you're teaching a class:
•Talking out loud helps you retain information for longer.
•Talking confidently about a topic is good practice for job interviews.
•Explaining concepts to a friend or family member will generate discussion and bring up ideas you hadn't considered before.
------------------------------------------------------------
3. Flashcards:
It is a simple implementation of the principle of spaced repetition, where cards are reviewed at increasing intervals. In this method flashcards are sorted into groups according to how well the learner knows each one in the Leitner's learning box. The learners try to recall the solution written on a flashcard.

How to use flashcards:
•Use your notes or your textbook to identify key concepts in the material. On one side of a flashcard, write the name of the concept. On the back of the flashcard, write the definition.
•Make Your Own Flash Cards.
•Mix Pictures and Words.
•Use Mnemonic Devices to Create Mental Connections.
•Write Only One Question Per Card.
•Break Complex Concepts Into Multiple Questions.
•Say Your Answers Out Loud When Studying.
•Study Your Flash Cards in Both Directions.

(What are Mnemonic Devices:
A mnemonic device is a memory technique that can help increase your ability to recall and retain information. This learning style dates back to ancient Greek times. Mnemonic techniques act as memory aids to help you translate pieces of information from short-term memory to long-term memory.)
------------------------------------------------------------
4. Diagrams:
A diagram is essentially a picture that communicates information. You can often explain statistical data and other important information, like how a particular system functions, quickly and with less of a strain on resources. Using a diagram is more effective than a narrative-based process.

Is an answer difficult to memorise? Try visualising the answer and draw it in a form of a diagram.

How do you memorise diagrams easily?
To fully understand diagrams, try redrawing them and annotate them with facts and features. When you draw bones, muscles or tissue use different colours for each to make them easier to visualize. Then hang the diagrams and charts around the room on the walls to visualize the bigger picture.
------------------------------------------------------------
5. Flow charts:
Flow charts are simple diagrams that map out a process, so that you can easily communicate it to other people. You can also use them to define and analyze a process, build a step-by-step picture of it, and then standardize or improve it. Below is an example of a Flow chart.

------------------------------------------------------------6

6. Bullet points:
Bullet points are a linear method of note taking and can work well when doing an initial read of relevant information. Use a new bullet point for each new point and list below the evidence that proves the point.

•for example,
•what you're reading now
•are bullet points
------------------------------------------------------------
7. Breaking down your study material:
Suppose, let's say that you have to write an English essay for homework. It can be daunting since it is so big. Here's an example on how to break your material down:

English essay:
•Research about the topic
Write the heading
•Write the starting paragraph
Write the body
•Write the conclusion

You can break down your material as simple as you want.