𝟐| 𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER TWO:

ARABIAN NIGHTS

THE SUN WAS high up in the sky, the scorching heat shining down on the civilians as the ocean waters flowed as the air would go by every so often, the waves getting only just a bit bigger whenever that happened, but not enough to move the boats th...

THE SUN WAS high up in the sky, the scorching heat shining down on the civilians as the ocean waters flowed as the air would go by every so often, the waves getting only just a bit bigger whenever that happened, but not enough to move the boats that could be seen floating along the ocean waves.

As the sun shined down on the people, the clouds were slowly moving along before it covered the bright yellow star, but the light still hit the blue waters, the fish being seen swimming beneath as they did what they do everyday and minded their own business while curious and interested gazes stared down at them from the boats they were sitting on, leaning over the rail just enough to look at the creatures that swam near the top but also not to make sure they didn't fall into the deep water as the boats they would be on would flow away from them.

On a medium sized boat, two kids, a brother and a sister, rested their hands on the edge of the boat they were always on as they stared at the larger boat just a bit ahead of them to the side. A few other people could be seen on the boat they were on, cleaning up as it seemed like they worked for the owners who owned the boat.

Just a bit behind them, working around, the kids parents occasionally glanced at their children as they stared at the large boat with looks of awe, wishing they had a large boat like that where they could run around and have more rooms than the one they lived on with their parents as the larger boat looked to be owned by someone who had lots of money.

"Their ship is so big." The girl points out in awe.

The boy sighs. "Wish ours was that fancy."

The girl nods. "I'd be so happy if ours was that fancy. Cause then--"

"Why is that?" A man, their father, interrupts, making them look over at him. "Because it looks better? This boat has seen us through many a storm. It may not look like much, but it has something theirs never will."

"What? Wood rot and rats?" The boy asks in disbelief, making his sister giggle.

"Are the children learning something, dear?" A woman, his wife, the children's mother, calls out as she hung up some clothes to a clothing line.

"It is unclear." The man replies, looking back to his children. "Alright, sit, children."

Looking away from the fancy boat they wished they had as they knew it was better to listen to their father than to argue with him, the siblings make their way to the bench he pointed at, seating themselves beside one another as he soon sits right across from them, clapping his hands and rubbing his palms together as he lets out a sigh.

"I think it's time that I told you the story of Aladdin, Y/n, the prince, and the lamp." The man tells them.

The girl furrows her brows. "What's so special about a lamp?"