𝟗| 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐚𝐧

CHAPTER NINE:

TAKING OVER AS SULTAN

THE SUN WAS up in the blue sky as it shined on Agrabah and the Arabian desert

THE SUN WAS up in the blue sky as it shined on Agrabah and the Arabian desert. The demeanor inside Agrabah's palace was full of anger and confusion, the anger coming from Y/n and the confusion from the sultan. Together, in a room by themselves, Jasmin stood right in front of Y/n, his back facing the sound of a door opening as Jafar's voice echoed throughout the room.

The prince was holding Y/n's hands in his to stop her from lashing her anger out on Jafar after Aladdin told them what had happened. They already didn't like Jafar to begin with, but this was too far. It was always clear to the prince and his best friend that Jafar was always jealous of not having the throne and would try to convince Jasmin's father to pick his choices instead of making his own and it was clear that Jafar wanted the throne.

"I overheard Prince Ali talking to his advisor about returning with an army to conquer Agrabah." Jafar's voice echoes as he walks further into the room with the sultan.

The sultan's eyes widen. "What?"

"Now it appears he's fled in the night." Jafar continues.

"Jasmin." The sultan calls, finally noticing the two there.

Y/n clenches her jaw. "You hear him say this, Jafar, and you saw him leave?"

"Yes, with my own ears and my own eyes. So, what's the problem now?" Jafar asks, rather too calm in her opinion.

Jasmin spins around, smirking a bit. "This is the problem, Jafar. If what you say is true, then why is Prince Ali still here?"

Just then, the two men turn to the sound of a door opening up, revealing Aladdin walking into the room with his advisor and Dalia following him. In the corner of her eye, Y/n could see Jafar clench his jaw at the sight of the street rat as she stops beside her brother, Jasmin on her other side.

Aladdin nods at the sultan. "Your Majesty."

"Prince Ali. This is a surprise." Jafar states, showing all of them, except for the sultan, that he was surprised after he had practically tried to kill Aladdin by pushing him into the ocean while he was tied up.

"Your Highness, your advisor's not who he says he is." Aladdin tells the sultan.

Jafar raises a brow. "Oh. I'm not who I say I am?"

"Baba, he tried to kill Prince Ali." Jasmin blurts out, making his father's eyes widen in shock.

"Jafar, can you explain this to me?" The sultan questions.

Jafar nods, still looking to calm. "Yes." Just then, the eyes of his snake staff turns red a bit and the sultan looks to be a bit hypnotized. "My sultan... you know my loyalty belongs to you."