°14°

You Know I Do

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

"I fell in love once, back then when I was still a drill instructor…"

-
-
-
-
-

2 Years Ago

It was the 13th of May, a fall month for North Korea.

The weather was calming and prudent for the first time in the month that day; giving you the perfect atmosphere as if they knew just what would happen later. The sun-like citrine shined beautifully against your skin; giving you some kind of refreshing power to start the morning as your nose exhaled the air deeply; feeling the winds gently brushing your faces along the way.

There, a 31-year-old Park Jimin stood at the end of the military camp hallway; guns hung around his waist, and quay sunglasses were placed flawlessly on his nose bridge. The arrogant and proficient aura this man gave, complimented his whole style along with his ridiculously handsome face. Unlike other soldiers, he was outfitted in a sleeveless camouflage tank top; revealing the well-built six-pack under it with a camouflage tracksuit pants, and a pair of black combat boots to match the whole clothing along with a black hair that was styled in a sharp undercut to the look; conveying him as a strong and experienced impression of himself.

It didn't take a second longer for you to know that he was a drill instructor– the one who trained soldiers– with the Colonel ranking inscribed neatly on the tiny piece of silver plate necklace he wore along with his name.

He let his Phoenix eyes wander around and spot at least four squads on the training field; marching with their legs walking in sync while one of them was the group he was assigned to. The platoon in command– Ho Kang Dae, seemed to notice his arrival so he led them to Jimin with his voice echoing the whole area soon after. "Greetings…! Greetings…! Greetings, Colonel Park…!" Kang Dae yelled before a battalion of men said in unison; saluting him as a respectful gesture which Jimin raised an eyebrow at when he noticed there were multiple recruits whose salute positions were wrong.

"Did I or didn't I teach you about the salute posture?" He asked, eyes already red and glaring as he tried so hard to control the anger that was building inside his stomach while they fell in silence; knowing what would happen afterward. There are just twenty-one members in the group, therefore, making it easy for Jimin to notice that only four of them were doing it wrong but it was enough for him.

"How many times do I need to tell you?! Keep the outer edge of the hand barely canted downward so that neither the back of the hand nor the palm is clearly visible from the front!!" He yelled angrily, moving toward those who did it falsely in the second row before harshly adjusting their hands' postures with veins appearing around his reddened neck. The others rushed to do what they were told; startled by the burst out even though they could already see it coming and participate in it.  

"The hand and wrist are supposedly straight, the elbow inclined slightly forward, and the forearm is at a 45-degree angle to the ground!! Keep your fingers and thumb straight and in line with each other!!" He shouted; looking scarier than ever while he checked out each individual; wanting to make sure that they did it right before he noticed a glimpse of blank space in the middle of the troops; only to feel rage accumulate inside his stomach. It was between the first and the third row which means only one thing…