how about we shake on it?

A week. A week of no calls, and Y/N is understandably pissed.

Oh sure, she tried to be patient - she has a lot of practice in patience; with herself and others - but damn, a week of absolutely no calls or even messages from the two people she wanted to work with sort of pisses her off big time. This is not the first time such a thing happened, no, but at least the previous times the other party had the decency to let her down, whether they do it politely or rudely was whatever.

But this time...

Y/N could only sigh in dismay and shake her head; in the end, she couldn't really do anything about it. Which is frustrating and disappointing.

Her wall filled up with designs based on red guy, the guy she called Mr. Strawberry, seems like a mockery now. She's half tempted to tear it all down, but practicality and common sense stopped her. Sure, the guy she made them for probably doesn't want to work with her, not even once, but her designs were still hers and hers alone. They can still be salvaged. Still be repurposed to be used by someone else. It'll be a little bit disappointing, but what is life without it's up and downs? So Y/N, with a whole lot of disappointment, shelves that project, and proceeds with another one. After all, the world waits for no one, and just because Y/N is rejected (at least, she's pretty sure she's rejected since she hasn't heard from him in a week) by the guy she wants as a model doesn't mean the fashion world would wait for her.

And so Y/N works on a new set of designs. She goes to school as demanded of her. She updates her blogs, answers her emails, receives the products she's been sent to try and review, and generally continues on with what she usually does before Ttalgi-ssi and Angyeong-ssi came into her life.

(She does need to make ends meet, you know, and waiting for two guys who doesn't even have the decency to let her know of their refusal isn't going to change anything.)

But one thing that came out of this less-than-ideal situation is that at least Y/N has broken out of her creative dry-spell. Not as manic when she made all the designs for red guy in a span of a few days, no, but at least she's back to somewhat of a consistent schedule. A semblance of normalcy back into her life.

Further proof of that is the new skirt she made; a layered, pleated skirt with an asymmetrical hem, made with layers of tulle fabric for that wispy and soft look. A fancy but ultimately casual and fun piece, perfect for a day out, and best paired with an equally cute top. Maybe a button-down with puffy sleeves for somewhat of a Victorian-era look.

Some class acquaintances gushed and complimented her new piece - something that made Y/N flush with pride - when she accompanied them to a mall outing, employing her as somewhat of a style-advisor as they went shopping. While Y/N would've preferred to stay either at home or at her studio working, she had fun bossing around her classmates as impromptu models, as well as providing advice on their aesthetics and what color suits them and their skin tone. Surprisingly, they heeded her advice, treating her with a level of respect Y/N really hadn't expected of them, if she was being honest. Is she being mean and unfair? Maybe, but then again, before this, neither party had really reached out to the other to make friends, so maybe Y/N is just being too presumptive.

It was a fun outing, if unexpected, considering the company she went with, but all in all, Y/N enjoyed herself immensely.

So here Y/N is, making her way home, pleasantly tired and mind already stirring with new ideas. Maybe she should reconsider and even ask some classmates to model for her one of these days. And during the next school festival, maybe they could do a fashion show. Recruit the sewing club to showcase everyone's skills-

Y/N is snapped out of her thoughts when her phone rings. Specifically, her phone that's exclusively meant for work. She frowns, because who could be calling her at this hour? It wasn't that late yet, just a little after 6PM, but it was late enough for any business related things. Probably.