5

Their journey back to Konoha takes 2 days later than usual. Shikamaru decided that they should take it easy and ocassionally stop to get some rest. Secretly, he also wants to spend his time with her. Plus, he missed spending quality alone time together.

They arrived at Konoha when the weather is rather gloomy. Shikamaru never let go of Temari's hand and they enjoyed their time enjoying each other's company.

it wasn't until they reached Shikamaru's apartment that a familiar voice calling Shikamaru's name. Both of them turn towards the voice and found Yamanaka Ino.

Shikamaru immediately pulls Temari closer to him, hiding her bump instinctively.

"Uhh... I didn't see you anywhere in town for weeks" The blonde girl awkwardly stands by the road, looking at the pair.

"We just got back from Suna.. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to bring Temari home. Is there something wrong?" Shikamaru ask his teammate.

"Well, yeah, there is." Ino crossed her arms. "You two have been a hot topic lately... It's pretty noticeable now, it is" She continued glancing towards Temari's bump.

Shikamaru sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "Look, Ino... We'll manage somehow."

Temari looks at the ground, feeling embarrassed. Her face was heating up. She knew people were started talking about her pregnancy before they leave to Suna.

"Temari, i don't want to be nosy but i couldn't stand still when people talk bad about you and Shikamaru, you know..."

"Ino..."

"You better do something, Shikamaru. You can't hide it forever,"

"I don't want any unnecessary trouble," Temari said quietly. Ino quickly approach her and smile.

"Well... i haven't congratulate you two yet. i guess congratulations are in order! Temari, please be healthy. You, promise me you will protect Temari!" Ino pat Temari's shoulder.

"Since we're in this topic, have you told Chouji yet? I bet he wants to hear it directly from you, Oh, look at the time. I guess i should go." Ino bids they farewell and starts walking away from them.

"I... thank you... For being supportive and caring about me." Temari whispered while looking into Ino's eyes. The blonde smiles at her and waved before turning her back to leave them.

Shikamaru pulls her girlfriend closer.

"You don't have to be worried about what people say. Just focus on your health and the baby, ok?" He gives her an affectionate kiss on her cheek.
Temari just smile and buries her nose in her boyfriend's chest. It's comfortable and warm.

-----------------‐------

Shikamaru left early to work in the morning. He left a note on the dining table saying Temari should stay at home and wait for him. But the hotheaded woman couldn't stay still.

After their encounter with Ino, Temari start to think about their situation. She is right about how they can't hide her pregnancy anymore. So, after checking the cabinets and cupboards and learned they run out of lots of things, Temari decided to go grocery shopping.

It's better to buy things for herself instead of waiting for Shikamaru who will only buy things she likes.

Temari grab a thin kimono which will accentuate her bump more. If this going to be a juicy gossip, then let it be.

The market is a small place filled with people buying groceries. And a place where all the tell-tales gathers.

The mother-to-be could feel all the icy colds stares behind her back. She could swear that she hears people whispering about her too. But she has enough guts to carry on.