Chapter 13: Two Face. (Not Harvey Dent)

It was Quirrell? 

He had the biggest smirk going on him full blast. And his face didn't even look twitching like it usually did. It was scary to see him so confident like that. 

"You!" Harry exclaimed. He looked like... well frankly I'm not sure what Harry was thinking. "No! It can't be. Snape... he-" 

"Yes, he does seem the type doesn't he?" Quirrell interrupted. His stutter was also gone. "Next to him, who would suspect... p-p-Poor st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell." 

But that can't be right. There's no way. "But that day, during the Quidditch Match. Snape tried to kill Harry." I protested. 

"No, Greek Freak. I tried to kill him!" Quirrell corrected. 

"Don't you dare call Kassie a Greek Freak." Harry warned. 

"And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would've succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter curse." Quirrell added.  

"Snape was trying to save me?" Harry asked confused still trying to take it all in. 

"Why do you think he wanted to referee your next match?" Quirrell asked like it was Common Sense. "A Waste of time if you ask me. I couldn't do anything with Dumbledore there. No matter though. He only delayed the inevitable."  

"I-If all that's true, then-" I started to say

"Silence!" Quirrell yelled at me angrily. "You've been quite meddlesome. Sticking your nose in affairs that don't concern you. Just like your Brother, Ethan. And yet you just act like an annoying parasite that I just can't get rid of. Like on Halloween." 

That's when it hits for both Harry and I. He was behind everything.

It was Quirrell all along!

"Then you let the Troll in!" Harry accused. 

"Very good, Potter. Yes. The only one I couldn't fool unfortunately was Snape. While everyone was running about, he went to the third floor to head me off. Never trusted me again after that." Quirrell explained. "He rarely left me alone. But I'm never truly alone." 

"Huh?" I asked. "What do you mean by that?"

But Quirrell had turned to me. "Enough from you! You have no business with us, Miss. Bauer. If you ask me. You should've been left to your fate in Greece to be hanged by your neck and your corpse fed to the crows." 

I shutter at the thought of that. I felt like my legs were shivering. I hate the gallows. They're very scary. 

"But like I said. You don't even truly belong at Hogwarts. You never did." Quirrell told me. "So I suggest you sit this one out." He snapped his fingers and thin ropes wrapped themselves around me. 

"Hey!" I screamed. "Harry, help!" 

Harry took out his wand now. "Let her go, Quirrell!" He demanded. But he wasn't in charge of this situation. My heart was pounding again. 

But Quirrell was now looking at the mirror. I was a fool. I followed the wrong lead. Oh, I blew it big time. I'm the worst witch ever. "I see what I desire. I see myself holding the Stone. How do I get it? It doesn't show." He thought out loud. 

I then hear a hissing sound. Like a snake. "Use the boy." It said.

Quirrell turned. "Come here, Potter! Now!" He ordered. And to prove how serious he was, he transfigured up a sword right at my face. 

Harry turned to me. "Alright. I'm coming over." He said. "Just... just don't hurt Kassie." 

Quirrell smirked. "A wise decision. You made one fatal mistake, Potter. Bringing the little Greek Pest with you."