29 | tortured genius

━━━━

CHAPTER NOTICE:

major manga characters, a marvel
comic book character

━━━━

THE CHANDELIER TWINKLED prettily against the warm morning sunlight seeped through the large windows that extended to the floor. From its view, one could see the grand city and the buildings that seemed to touch the sky and were painted in snow, which glistened from the touch of light.

The vibrant environment below was free from distress. Citizens were buzzing around and going about their own business. Y/n was no exception with this.

The young genius has never been so glad to attend a company meeting until today. There was a need for convocation and she scheduled nearly instantly. Although it was for the sole reason of skipping training, she wasn't particularly worried that much about what her employees had to say. She trusted them enough to take care of any matters competently.

The buzzing sound of the air conditioner fought with the steady, ongoing conversation around the table and the constant tapping of the pen against the table. E/c eyes trailed along with the words as she read a book, leaning against her large, coal office chair that stood at the edge of an elongated, polished grey table in which at the other end opposite her, was a presentation given by the company's chief financial officer. Y/n barely even payed attention, too equipped with the thick book of Meta Liberation War in her hand.

"Despite of our success, however, there is still a wide spread of scurrilous allegations surrounding the company. This is most likely due to the multiple imitations of our supplies from various markets."

"Every product of L/n industries has an indelible bar code somewhere visible that costumers could scan in literally any L/n emporium." Y/n said, eyes still glued to her book. All heads turned in her direction. "Isn't that imperatively stated on every paper manual that comes with the product?"

"Yes, but it seems some people have no knowledge about it." The officer replied, "We must not fret. We've already posted this through our social media platforms in response to these allegations."

"Is there anything else to discuss? Is the meeting not done yet?" Y/n threw her head back in her chair, resting her eyes closed.

She could hear a loud groan coming from her secretary, followed by the sound of spectacles being placed on the table.

"Yes, Miss. I believe we've covered our discussions for today." said the company's executive officer.

Y/n positioned herself properly with a decent smile on her red matte colored lips. "Thank you for your hard work and attendance. All of you are dismissed. All of you except Miss Secretary."

Heels clicking hastily against the floor echoed throughout the room as the rest of the heads made their exit. Y/n rested and crossed her legs on the office table now that it was unoccupied. She read back into her book as the sound of footsteps and the hush of people talking faded into the distance.

"Fire cannot be kindled without an incendiary." Y/n spoke, her voice loud and lucid. It wasn't a state of opinion. It was a state of facts. "Surely people cannot be that dumb to cross me, don't they?"

"Are you insinuating that someone started these allegations as rumors?" Her secretary asked. "How about you start doing paperwork instead?"

Y/n laughed softly. She looked over at her book and stared at her secretary. She was an olive skinned, fair lady in her mid-twenties with dark brown lipsticked heart-shaped mouth and striking magenta dyed hair customarily tied into a half bun. Beneath her round spectacles, her rather huge monolid bronze eyes squinted at the young genius. She wore a gray shirt under a white, wrinkled, stained lab coat. There was a tiny rectangular, golden name plate placed on her chest where her name was inscribed: Toni Ho