Chapter 9: Emily

Content Warning: This chapter contains explicit content that may be triggering for some people. 

Alyssa followed Johnny through the parking garage, hoping they hadn't been recognized.

"Don't look back. We're being followed," he said quietly.

She immediately glanced over her shoulder, locking eyes with the burly security guard tailing them from twenty feet away.

"I said don't look," Johnny hissed.

"Hey, you!" the guard called.

"What do we do?" she asked.

"Keep moving. We're almost there." He got in the car and tossed the bags into the backseat with the others, reversing out of the spot as the guard ran toward them. Tires squealed on the slick cement as they accelerated through the garage. "They're gonna block the exit," he predicted.

"How do we get out?"

"We don't. Get in the trunk."

"Wait— what?!" she cried.

"In the trunk. Now!" he ordered.

With a groan of annoyance, she unbuckled and clambered over the middle console. He rounded a corner and the car spun around, throwing her across the backseat before he backed perfectly into an empty parking spot.

"Are you trying to kill me!?" she cried.

"Trunk!" he repeated, slamming his hands against the roof of the car.

She pulled on the seat, but it didn't give. "It won't open!" With no warning, it gave way.

"Go!" he urged.

She climbed over the seat and dove headfirst into the tight space, pushing aside the various shopping bags. Before she could react, Johnny climbed in on top of her and shut them both in the dark.

His legs were interlaced with hers and most of his torso was against her, with his face only an inch away and the faint scent of stale cigarettes on his breath. The panic overwhelmed her almost immediately.

"Get off. Get off!" she cried, pushing against his chest.

"I can't," he protested. "There's nowhere to go."

She thrashed her fists against him as her heart raced in fear.

"Ow! Calm down, I'm not—"

"Let me out!" she screamed.

He clamped his left hand over her mouth, sending volts of electricity through her body. "Quiet! They'll hear us," he warned.

She jerked her knee up, narrowly missing his crotch as he flinched with a curse.

"Stop!" He shoved down on her leg and wedged his other thigh between hers. "Calm down!"

Tears filled her eyes as she struggled against him, wailing in terror against his palm as her mind screamed at her to get out at any cost.

"Alyssa, I need you to be quiet," he said in a quiet, anxious voice.

She reached out, fumbling for the trunk release until he grabbed her wrist with his free hand and pinned her arm against the trunk.

"Are you trying to get me killed?"

Her panic rose further and she swung her other fist at him as she struggled through quick, shallow breaths.

"Ow! Hey!" he whispered harshly. "Listen, I can't move unless I let go, and I can't let go while you're screaming."

Please.