★☆ ! >﹏< 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 !

soyeon's pov

as i returned back home from grocery shopping, i heard my phone ring. it was probably my mother. i decided not to sneer since i was almost home.

when i got home, i saw my mom outside fixing her garden. she noticed out family car and smiled. i was quite confused. usually when i don't answer her calls she would immediately look at me frantically and trudge angrily towards me.

i got out of the car and anxiously smiled at her.

"hey mom. i'm back from grocery shopping. sorry i didn't answer your call."

my mom frowned at me confused.

"i didn't call you, soyeon. i saw your note on the kitchen counter."

"what? but i received a call..."

"it was probably one of your friends. you should call them back. they're probably worried about you."

i nodded thinking she was right. i let my mother finish up her garden while walking back to the car. i yeah for my phone and checked my missed calls.

for a short instance, my heart skips a beat. the name of the contact makes me gasp.

beomgyu.

i sit on the driver's seat staring at my phone screen. back and forth i ponder whether to return the call.

but why?

just a week ago i was so sure he was the perfect person for me. just a week ago i couldn't be without him. just a week ago...he was my everything.

why was i hesitating? why was i not running to him? why was i putting intentional distance between both of us? why hadn't i gone to him?

as i wandered through my thoughts, another call came into my phone. it was beomgyu. my thumb trembled over the answer icon. i bit my lip apprehensively. taking in a deep breath, i closed my eyes and pressed the phone against my ear.

"hello?"

"soyeon? hey, it's beomgyu."

"hey..."

"why didn't you answer me?" he asks a little sad.

i remain silent. i didn't know how to respond to his question.

"i...i..."

"don't worry. i understand. being back home feels weird, huh?"

"yeah... a bit."

"have you caught up with all your friends yet?"

"with most of them. what about you?"

"i don't remember anyone being my friend, soyeon."

"oh."

"don't worry. it's fine. how are you feeling?"

"to be completely honest with you..."

"what? are you alright?"

"beomgyu...i've been thinking...do you really think we really love each other?"

"what bullshit are you saying soyeon?" he asked snickering.

"of course, we do! after all we've been through, i think we have proved that and more."

"right..."

"soyeon...may i go to your house?"

the question caught me completely off guard.

"w-what?"

"i want to meet your mom properly. i didn't even get to introduce myself that day at the bus drop off."