NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN
The Lost City of Ouroboros

THE MYSTERIOUS TIRE MARKS had not only led the ninjas out of the city, but completely in the middle of the desert, more precisely to a snake reunion, again.

The five tribes were trying to unite again, and this time, Lloyd was entangled in the middle of it all. The boy was sitting in a cage beside Pythor, while the other snakes were sitting in bleachers, as if to wait for a show that was to start.

"What is this place?" Cole asked, placing a arm above his head to block the sunlight from his eyes.

"Looks like snake city," Jay pointed out, as he and the others hid behind some pillar.

"No fucking way," Jane breathed, as she too took in the scene in front of them. She received surprised looks from her teammates, aside from Zane who had noticed her fascinated expression.

"You know this place?" He asked, motioning toward the snake city.

"Yes," Jane replied, her eyes never moving away from the city in front of them. "That's the Lost City of Oroboros," She said, earning a weird look from Jay.

"Why are their names so horrible?" Jay asked sarcastically, only to receive a smirk from Kai and Cole. "Can't they just give their locations normal names?"

"Jane," Zane called, ignoring Jay's comments. "What is this city? What is its purpose?" He asked, knowing that if someone knew the answers, it was her.

"The Lost City of Oroboros is a massive Serpentine city that was buried beneath the Sea of Sand after the Serpentine War," Jane explained, and the others nodded at her explanation. Although, the brunette swallowed thickly as she was finding it hard to explain the next part.

"What is it, Jane?" Kai asked, noticing her hesitation.

"The uh—the Great Devourer was imprisoned underneath the city. It's the key point to resurrect him, if Pythor succeeded in finding the city, then that means he's closer to releasing it than I thought," She said, and the four boys froze at the explanation.

"You mean to tell me that this ginormous snake is currently under us?" Jay asked, looking at the ground anxiously. "EWWW,"

"Er, yeah, that's basically it," Jane replied, as she watched the blue ninja cringe.

"Then we must stop Pythor before it gets too far. We can't risk the Great Devourer coming back to life," Zane announced confidently, and the others nodded, minus Jay, who was still tapping his foot on the ground, as if the snake would come out at any second.

"Alright, let's get a closer look," Kai said, and the ninjas nodded, all of them approaching the city and hiding behind a pillar so they could watch and listen closely.

"It appears Pythor has successfully united all of the tribes," Zane pointed out, and Jane bit her lip in worry.

"I know we ruined their last get-together, but that's no reason to not get an invitation. My feelings are hurt," Cole complained, and Jane sent him a small amused smile.

"There's Lloyd," Kai pointed out, motioning toward the small blond boy that was sitting inside a cage.

"Woah!" Jay breathed, pointing toward the gigantic snake statue that was standing in the middle of the city. "Look at who they worship,"

"Let me guess: the Great Devourer," Cole said dryly, his dark brown eyes focusing on the statue.

"Is it supposed to be that big?" Jay asked Jane in a whisper, and the brunette shook her head. The blue ninja sighed in relief. "Oh, thank Go—"