New Feelings ≫ Fireheart x Male! Zombie! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: EmDraws

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Some gore
• Some angst

****

You opened your eyes, squinting against the painfully bright sunlight that penetrated the gaps in your makeshift den. With some extra focus and determination, you managed to heave yourself to your paws, despite the horrible aches and pains that accommodated being undead. It didn't seem fair, really; the twolegs that took you in as a kitten had been kind at first, but it soon became clear that they had no interest in you as a living creature. They would tie you down and inject you with all sorts of awful things, and it would cause your fur to fall out in clumps and blood to seep from your mouth, nose, and eyes. You hadn't asked for the life you had been given, and it sometimes left you with a bitter taste in your mouth. You reached up with a bloody, rotting paw, gently feeling the raw patch of flesh on your neck where a heavy silver collar used to be. The twolegs had used it to speak to you using thoughts, and it had gotten you into all sorts of trouble.

At least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Distant voices outside caught your attention. With a raspy mrrow, you rose to your paws and slipped out of the den, leaving behind bloodstained patches of (F/C) fur on the bracken stems behind you. Four cats were rapidly approaching your turf, chattering like a nest of magpies. A low growl rumbled deep within your throat, wet and creaky sounding. The cat in the lead, a broad-shouldered flame-colored tom, beckoned with a jerk of his head for the other three to follow him. You quickly ducked back into the shelter of the bracken patch as the strangers passed, your milky (E/C) eyes wide.

I had no idea other cats lived out here. It seems a little far.

Another growl rippled from you, but this time, it wasn't from your throat. It came from the pit of your stomach, telling you that it was time to eat. You hadn't had a decent meal in days, and the thought of a cat's flesh made your mouth water. The big gray warrior looked particularly tasty, with the generous amount of muscle and fat that decorated his skeleton.

The group of four disappeared into a thick cluster of pines, and you rose to your paws and began creeping after them, making sure to stay downwind and to not step on any twigs or other things the forest discarded. This would be your best meal in days.

Fireheart's POV

"...and I couldn't even get him to tell me why he said it. Can you believe the nerve of that cat?" Graystripe was rambling on about a rather nasty encounter that he had with Longtail, something about a dispute over a piece of freshkill. This wasn't news to his best friend— the overweight warrior was known for getting aggressive when it came to food.

"Um... Yeah, Graystripe. That's pretty rude of him." Fireheart wasn't really listening to the rant, but rather watching their apprentices carefully as they weaved between rocks and trees, ready to leap forward and scold them if they decided to do something mouse-brained. The young pair was well-known for getting up to trouble, especially Cinderpaw. The bubbly young she-cat had always struck him as a bit naive, even for an apprentice.

"Whoa, check this out!" Brackenpaw's startled yowl cut into Fireheart's thoughts, and he quickly picked up his pace to a jog and made his way over to where the young tom was standing. Upon further investigation, Fireheart found a suspicious scent lingering in the air, and a bloody clump of (F/C) fur clinging to a low branch on one of the pines.