Ch.10~This Is Nice

Niall's POV

This is it.

It's time.

The big night.

God! I sound like I'm getting married! Which I'm not. I'm not, well at least not yet. If I was, I would be nervous as hell and sweating bullets.

"Ni? You feeling ok?"

I turn to Zayn's concerned face and give him a smile.

"I'm fine Zayn. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask leaning against him.

The cool night breeze feeling nice on my skin. I'm wearing nothing but jeans, sneakers, and a tight white shirt. What can I say? It's a great outside even though its past eight o'clock.

Zayn on the other hand is wearing jeans, high tops, black shirt and black leather jacket. Such a bad boy.

"Because you're with me." He mutters.

Excuse me? I stop, grab his face in my hands and look up into his eyes "Zayn please stop. I'm perfectly excited to be hanging out with you tonight. Please don't ruin it for me...if you really love me then you'll drop it."

I hate playing the 'if you really love me' card but if it's the only way to make him shut up, then I will.

He sighs, puts his hands over mine and smiles back "For you."

"That's all I want."

* * *

"Which one do you want Ni?"

I look around, aware of Zayn's eyes on me, and spot a cute grey cat about three feet tall.

"That one!" I point it out with a huge grin on my face.

Chuckling at my enthusiasm, the man reaches up for it and hands it over to me.

"Kitty!" I hug it close to me, smiling like a fool.

"You got competition boy." I hear the man tell Zayn, as he goes back to the other people.

I see Zayn's playful scowl at the stuffed animal in my hands and I laugh "Awww Zayn. Don't worry, not even Kitty can replace you. You're too special for that." I tease him.

He blushes cutely while scratching the back of his head "Kitty?"

"Hey! I couldn't think of anything else to call him." I defend myself.

He chuckles "Sure Ni."

Taking my hand, he leads me to another ride. Our eighth one I think. I don't know really, I lost count of rides. Speaking of which, a glance at my phone tells me that its almost eleven o'clock. So we've been at this amusement park for let's say three hours?

It doesn't matter. I've had a lot of fun with Zayn. It's like being with a friend, he hasn't tried a move on me yet which I'm thankful for.

"Zayn, I gotta get home before Liam has a heart attack." I whisper as we get off the roller coaster.

His face falls for a second before looking back at me "Sure. Uh but I can I show you something before we go?"

Switching Kitty to my other arm I nod.

The sounds and lights of the park get further away as I follow him to a small clearing far away from everything else.

It's quiet and calm. The stars are visible in the night sky. And below us, is a small lake. The moon is reflected off it, casting a beautiful glow in the peaceful water. A single tree stands on the edge, the leaves falling slowly in the breeze.

Too lost for words I just stare at Zayn in amazement.

"I, uh, found this the week that I was absent...I thought it would be a nice place to take you to." He mutters looking down at his feet.

Instead of answering, I drag him over to the tree. Ignoring his wide eyes, I push him down so he's sitting at the base of it. I crawl in the middle of his legs and rest my head on his chest. Curling up to get closer to him. Kitty lying forgotten on the ground.

I try not to laugh at his reaction. His heart is beating so fast, I can feel it against my skin. But it's nice and soothing. Eventually, it slows down and I feel him wrap his arms around me gently. I close my eyes as he rests his chin on top of my head, cuddling closer to him.

This is nice.

"Niall?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you." His hold on me tightens as if he's scared that I'll run off.

Far from it.

I press my lips to his chest and whisper lightly.

"I think I love you too."

__________________________

Watcha think? I'm not happy with it, so during my week off, I'll work on it. I promise.