trying

The only fear I'm in love with is pointless

I don't need luck I need somebody's help for a minute

'Cause I've tried long enough

Pray I lost, I am done

trying - brakence

By the fourth hour of the day, the tryouts for the team were over and Nick was the only person in the stadium, he absolutely did not want to leave. He would rather spend the night on the street with greater pleasure than if he had stayed the night at home. Over time, the weather began to deteriorate inexorably, the gusts of wind increased noticeably and became colder, the flexible half-naked tree branches leaned lower and lower towards the ground. The noise of the wind and leaves grew louder, the sky above from a dazzling blue became leaden, dull and heavy, almost completely covered with thunderclouds. Distant booming thunder peals reached Nick, the horizon was lit up for a moment, bizarrely curved with bright lightning, dividing the sky into two unequal parts.

The guy slowly got up and began to get ready to leave, staying in the rain surely was not part of his plans. Now Nick intended to find a temporary shelter with a roof as soon as possible, under which he could at least briefly hide and wait out the storm, maybe even stay there for the night.

The boy quickly crossed the area surrounding the school, trying to outrun the approaching storm so that if he did get wet, then quite a bit. In his head, he was already sorting out places where he could stop without bumping into stoned skinheads, aggressive homeless people or even worse.

It became much cooler outside as soon as the sun finally disappeared - a strong wind was blowing, a little rain was drizzling. Now Nick wouldn't refuse someone's offer to give him a ride anywhere.

The boy shuddered, shoving his hands deep into the pockets of his bomber jacket. With pleasant surprise, he found a lighter. The money in his inner pocket would only be enough for inexpensive cigarettes, which means that he needs to look for small shops where they would not ask him for a passport. Nick had been in the area before, then he caught a glimpse of one most likely family-owned and unprofitable store, just what he needed

He walked in the opposite direction from the house, moving further and further away from the hated trailer, from the shitty area that he despised with all his heart. Well, of course, he could call Victoria at any time and ask her to let him spend the night at the guest house or garage, as they already did a couple of times. But it wasn't that he didn't want to disturb the girl - he didn't see the need for it, one night in a park or an abandoned building in the last couple of years had ceased to be a problem for him.

Having bought a pack in the desired store, Nick, as soon as he stepped out of the door, dragged on. He felt good.

The guy walked slowly, not trying to hide from the ever-increasing rain. It's already dark, but bright rays were looming on the edge of the horizon. The brunette really wanted to go home, not to a trailer park, but to a normal house that Nick once had as a child. In such a rainy, autumn-like October time, it's good to come home, throw off wet outerwear and, to the sound of the TV thoughtlessly turned on, take a cup of hot chocolate from the hands of a smiling mother and wrap yourself in a fluffy blanket. Hmm, nostalgia. For almost five years, Nick did not see the former smile on his mother's face, she changed a lot after her divorce with his father and became much tougher, more callous.

After smoking a cigarette, Nick tried to light a second one, but because of the nasty wet drops, he only managed to aimlessly strike the lighter a couple of times. The brunette certainly loved the rain, especially the endless sky, so shyly covered with ghostly dark clouds, flashes, sharp peals of thunder. But now he is somehow out of place, now it is better to sleep at home, and not go to the devil knows where.