At Least Once More

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't written anything that has been read by someone else so please give me criticism and let me know what I should keep doing. Thank you and enjoy the shipwreck.

"Isabella, if you're going to complain about working early and late why don't you take the noon shift?" My uncle asked, cleaning a glass as I put on my loose shirt and fixed my skirt. "Because I have things I have to do in the afternoon." I replied blowing out the candles for the morning.

I did have things I could technically count as 'things to do' if bringing booze to Mr. Brown and running errands for him counts. I do it for some extra eight, but mainly to hang out with my friend Will. Sometimes we stop by the Swann Manor and say hello to Elizabeth on our way to the straw plant for Rosie, the donkey that belongs to Will's boss.

"Well as long as you bring are back before your second shift and don't get into trouble I think you'll be just fine." Aunt Gen called from inside her and my uncle's room before coming out with her hair tied up and ready to go into town. "She'll be 15 soon, she can take care of herself. She needs her freedom, reminds me of her father." she finished

"Aunt Gen, do you know when he will be making port? He hasn't been in Port Royal for a few years, I can barely remember." I asked at the mention of my father. I carried a stool across the room to where it was meant to be, though I could not tell you how it got all the way by the door.

My father rarely makes port, let alone here where he has to deal with me. He comes every two or three years and every time I would beg him to let me come with him. I mean it is a pretty hard sell for a pirate to bring along an 11 year old girl, as that was the case last time. My mother on the other hand travels separately and I haven't seen her since she left with her father when I was six. They agreed to leave me with a trusted sister and brother-in-law of their friend Master Gibbs. He travels with father and visits on occasion.

Aunt Gen emptied a bottle of rum, "I don't know dear, I haven't heard from him in some time. I think he should be returning soon. I feel a changing in the wind says I."

Hmm I thought He always did add a weird feeling when he came around didn't he. I didn't think on it too much because she and Uncle Ferdinand left and soon after that I had to get to work. I'm in charge of morning and night shifts because that's when my aunt works in fabric shops and my uncle works in the vineyard.

Not much happened that morning. Only a few patrons who come here for breakfast or groceries and I just wanted to get through the morning. I wanted to stop by the blacksmith's for some nails and to practice sparing with Will. If you couldn't tell, we are quite close friends as well as Elizabeth. We met when we were young, Elizabeth and I, then we took care of Will after she and her father found him at sea.

After Aunt Gen got back I gave her the money I'd gotten and made sure I could leave. After I got the all clear, I made my way to the Swann Manor to deliver some finer wines and spoke to Elizabeth. I invited her to join me that night as there was a faire and I had to work. She agreed if she could get away.

Afterwards I bought some straw for Rosie and brought it to Mr.Brown's . I had to wait on Will because I thought he was also making deliveries.

"Oh danm, Ella. Why must you always enter here before I?" Will said surprised as he walked inside.

"Don't worry Mr.Turner I have not been here for very long." I replied formally because we like to speak as Elizabeth does when she isn't around. At least I think that's why we do that. There are a lot of things the three of us do that I don't know where they came from. I do not think it is unique for friends to do this or jokes only they understand.

"Still I must ask, why you always are in my workplace before I?" He repeated, putting his hat and coat down on a small table and on a hook. He stepped forward, glancing at the nearest sword rack quickly. He didn't think I saw, but he never learns.

I grab a sword and reach to grab the one he was eyeing but he pulled it out first. We touched our swords and slid the blades together, once again something i don't know why we do we just do. I stepped to my right with my left foot and he mirrored me, which we have gotten pretty good at. We spared for some hours before we tired and took a break before I had to go to work.

"Do you have anything else to do today?" I asked Will as he wiped his forehead with a towel and I wiped mine with my sleeve.

"I do not believe so. Why, might I inquire you ask?" he replied tossing Rosie the donkey some straw and then sitting down across from me, exhausted.

"I just have a feeling there won't be much business because everyone is going to the opening day of the faire." I answered through heavy breaths before closing my eyes for a second or two.

"You're not going to the faire tonight either? Too crowded or do you just have to work?" Will asked also sweating and breathing like hell.

"Both. Do you want to come with me? My aunt and uncle are selling booze at the faire and i'm stuck on night shift." I leaned down with my elbows on my knees, "Elizabeth is in 'if she can get away' as she said even though we've done this so many times I doubt she'll have a problem leaving."

"I agree Miss.Swann and Miss.Gibbs, the infamous escapees of formal events and such." Will proclaimed like it was an accomplishment of some kind and that we were legend for slipping away from the govenour.

"Will, how many times must we ask you to call us by our names." I questioned because Elizabeth asks the same often, and I do live when he calls me Ella. He is the only one that ever does and it makes me feel special.

"At least once more Miss Gibbs. As always." He replied before standing up a to wash his hands and get back to work.

We agreed on Will coming to the winery with me for the night and we expected Elizabeth to join us sooner or later.

Thank You for reading it means alot!