2 - Making Friends

Just as Soobin had promised, he met Carly in the lobby of the history building after her class ended and walked with her to the food court where they would be having lunch with Soobin's roommate. 

"You call this guy your roommate, so, do you guys live on campus?" Carly asked, wondering if it was common for juniors like Soobin to live on campus. 

"Uh, no, actually! We live in an apartment together here in town. It's actually only a few blocks away from campus, which is really convenient," Soobin explained. 

"Oh okay! And how did you two meet?"

"Well, he was actually my assigned roommate my freshman year. Since I was a transfer from South Korea, they wanted to put me with someone similar to me who had already been going to the college. He helped me a lot with my English."

"Your English is really good, so I think he taught you well!"

Soobin chuckled at her statement, and it was only then that Carly noticed his dimples. 

I swear, if his friends are as pretty as him, I might die. 

When they arrived at the food court, Soobin led Carly towards Panda Express to grab their lunch before making their way towards a table where a young man was already sat looking down at his phone. 

"Hyung!" Soobin called, which startled Carly a bit. 

The young man looked up from his phone, and Carly's immediate first thought was, "Pretty boy," before he smiled and greeted the pair. 

"Hyung, this is Carly, the freshman that I was talking about. Carly, this is my roommate, Choi Yeonjun," Soobin introduced. 

Yeonjun gently grabbed Carly's hand and leaned forward, saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you," before lifting her hand to his mouth and giving it a quick peck. 

This made Carly blush, while Soobin swatted at Yeonjun's arm, saying, "Yah, why do you have to do that?"

Yeonjun stood up straight and shrugged, answering, "Gotta make a good impression with the ladies."

"Bro, she's eighteen," Soobin said, scrunching his eyebrows and making a disgusted face. 

This made Yeonjun face palm, mumbling, "That's not what I meant."

"Anyways!" Carly blurted to catch their attention. She smiled and turned to Yeonjun, greeting, "It's nice to meet you, Yeonjun."

Yeonjun smiled back, finding her rather cute. 

The trio sat down and began to eat their lunch. Yeonjun asked Carly some basic questions that Soobin had asked earlier. Somewhere in the middle of their conversation though, the boys began discussing band plans, and Carly listened curiously. 

"Kai isn't living on campus, right?" Yeonjun asked. 

"No, he's still living at home. It's cheaper that way," Soobin responded. 

"And Beomgyu and Taehyun are still roommates?"

"Did you really have to ask that question to know the answer?"

"Fair enough. So, we're still meeting at Kai's house?"

"That's the plan."

"Okay. We can just pick up Gyu and Tae at their dorm."

"Hey~!" Carly blurted, catching the boys' attention. She leaned her head on her hand, asking, "Who are you guys talking about?"

"Our bandmates!" Yeonjun beamed. 

Soobin nodded, adding, "Yeah, there's five of us. Yeonjun here is our bassist, I'm the keyboardist, Beomgyu is our lead guitarist, Kai is our drummer, and Taehyun is our main vocalist. The rest of us sing a little also."