I Thought It Would Be Us|Yoonkook OneShot

16 years ago

Third Person POV

"C'mon hyung chase me!" Jungkook yelled as he ran from Yoongi. "You're too fast; you speed demon!" Yoongi hollered back. Jungkook abruptly stopped, and Yoongi ran into him. Jungkook was looking into his garage where he saw his brother Hoseok and Yoongi's brother Seokjin, and their friend Namjoon were sitting. They were 5 years older than Yoongi and Jungkook.

"What are you guys doing?" Jungkook asked. "Nothing that concerns you guys." Hoseok answers. "But we wanna know. We never get to hang out with you guys." Yoongi says sadly. "That's because we don't want to hang out with nine year olds." Seokjin spoke up. "What are you doing?" Jungkook asks again. "We're playing truth or dare. If they want to play, let them play." Namjoon answers. "Ok, fine!" Hoseok rolls his eyes.

They sit with the older boys. "Yoongi, truth or dare?" Jin asks his brother. "Dare." Yoongi picks. "I dare you to kiss Jungkook."Ok." Yoongi says confidently. "Not here." Jungkook says quietly. "Go outside then." Namjoon huffs. So they did. They went outside towards where the mailboxes were at the end of the side street. "You don't have to do this, hyung." Jungkook tells Yoongi. "I know, but I want to." He answers. He grabs Jungkook's hand and starts to lean in.

Yoongi could tell he was nervous; in turn, that made Yoongi nervous, too. As he went in for the kiss, he opted to kiss Jungkook's cheek instead since they were both nervous. It was a sweet, lovingly peck on his cheek. Jungkook was a blushing mess after. "That was sweet, hyung." Jungkook says. "Yeah." Yoongi chuckled as he started to blush too. They continued to hold hands for the rest of the day.

----

14 years ago

Yoongi and Jungkook were just hanging out like they always did. Now, there are both eleven. They sat on the curb as they took a brake from riding their bikes. Jungkook looked to Yoongi. "What's wrong, hyung? You look upset." Jungkook asked. "I have to tell you something." Yoongi sadly states. "What is it hyung? You know you can tell me anything." Yoongi took Jungkook's hand in his and interlaced their fingers. "I- I don't want to tell you." Yoongi pauses. "But I know I have to." "What is it?" Jungkook asked more assertive this time. "I'm moving, Jungkook."

Jungkook's world shatter as soon as those words left Yoongi's mouth. "What? W-Why? N-no you can't move. You can't leave me hyung." Jungkook stammered out. "You think I want to leave you? I don't Jungkook." "Then stay please." Jungkook pleaded with tears in his eyes. "I can't, my dad, he-he got a new job in Daegu." Yoongi chokes out. "When do you leave?" "In three months." "THREE MONTHS!" Jungkook exclaims. Yoongi looks at him and pads his tears away. "No none of that. We're going to make this the best three months ever!" Yoongi declared.

And that's what they did. They did so many things in the next three months that they could possibly think of. It was glorious until the day arrived that Yoongi indeed did have to move. It was somber that day. Overcast and slight drizzle. Very fitting of the mood since neither of them wanted to say goodbye. "I don't want to do this." Jungkook started. "And you think I do?" Yoongi follows up. "No." Yoongi took Jungkook's hands. "Exactly. Jungkook, Koo, Kookie, you are my best friend in the entire world. You always will be. We've done so many things throughout these 11 years on earth together and one day we'll be together again. Whether it's as best friends still or maybe something more. We will still talk on the phone and catch up I promise. I love you." Jungkook sniffles, "How am I supposed to follow that up?" "You don't have to say a single word if you don't want to." Yoongi says as he again pads away Jungkook's tears. "Ok. I will say this though, I'm going to miss you and I love you too." "I'm gonna miss you so much." Just then a single tear rolled down Yoongi's cheek. "I'm gonna miss you too hyung even though I already said it I'm saying it again."