Author's Note

World Map (created with Inkarnate)

Hello! If you stumbled upon this little story, I hope you enjoy it and join me on this writing journey. As you read, I hope you see the passion and love I have for my characters and world through my writing and that maybe you can grow to love them as much as I do. Thank you to anyone who gives Stalemate a chance.

This is technically a first draft, but the third or fourth time I've attempted to write this story that has lived in my head for so long, so if you see any errors/redundancies/inconsistencies, please point them out!!

Happy reading! :)

Update 12/27/2023

Hello! I officially finished this draft on July 18th of this year, which is a HUGE milestone for me. I've worked on this project for years, and I'm so proud of myself for finally completing a draft. While far, far from perfect, I think I've produced a good groundwork for future editing.

After I finished this draft, I set it aside for a few months and now I'm beginning the editing process. The draft you're about to read is a first draft, so there will inevitably be choppy writing and probably some disjointedness. Additionally, I began this draft in September of 2021, and since then have improved in my writing, so a noticeable shift in style, tone, and most likely even skill will probably be present in the latter half of the story.

Thank you for tapping (or clicking) on this story. I truly, truly hope you enjoy it. I am so very passionate about this story, and I hope that through rigorous editing I can make it a great story that is worth reading. Please don't hesitate to give critiques/feedback!! (just please be kind)

I just thought I'd upload the rest of the story here. Again, thank you so, so much for giving my story a chance!