TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
GUN RANGE AT A SKI LODGE?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     SHE HAD TO admit, at first, she was upset that Sam had taken the window seat on the bus, but she got over it quickly. She simply turned up the music on her phone and laid her head against the seat.

     (F/N) wasn't sure she was ready to face her friends after not talking to anyone besides Sam for almost a month. It would be weird, and awkward as hell, but she was ready to get it over with.

     Sam's words echoed in her head, "You can't keep secluding yourself and staying in this place—all of our friends are worried about you." (F/N) looked over at Sam. What would she do without her? Rot away in her apartment?

     She wasn't sure. Sam had been with her through everything, even as (F/N) shut out everyone Sam pushed herself through the walls (F/N) created. Literally, she even took her house key and made a copy. (F/N) smiled at the memory of her finding out Sam had done that. She was so surprised. But she understood Sam's reasoning and wasn't upset with the girl. Not when it meant she got company.

     "—Josh, he asks about you all the time."

Josh. (F/N) missed Josh, more than she would ever admit. She missed his warm hugs, his jokes that sometimes went too far, his smile. Gosh, she missed his smile. She didn't know if she'd be able to keep still until she reunited with her friends.

Now that she was on the ride up to the lodge, she didn't know why she had been too hesitant. It was just a week-long break in the Washington Lodge. What could go wrong?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏

     Her boots crunched the snow underneath as (F/N) excitedly traveled up the path. It was covered in fog, leaving an ominous vibe, but she couldn't help but feel excited as she knew who would be at the top of the mountain.

     "(N/N)," Sam laughed as she watched her friend's enthusiasm. It was a nice comparison to the sluggish appearance (F/N) had held for the past few months, "slow down! You're leaving me in the dust."

     The girl stopped by the gate, turning around to meet Sam's amused gaze. "Whoops..."

     Sam reached around (F/N) to a paper hanging on the fence, "The gate's busted, climb over...Chris. What?" Sam huffed, yanking on the metal fence a bit to make sure that it was truly not opening. True to the note's words, it didn't budge. "Dammit."

     "Starting off the trip fun, huh?" (F/N) nudged Sam's arm as she moved to the side of the gate where some bricks were missing from the short wall, "We can climb up here." She suggested, pointing out the bricks that were missing like rock climbing.

"Yeah..." Sam nodded in agreement as she moved behind her friend, "That could work."

     Carefully the two girls climbed up the snowy brick wall and down from the other side. Then, they continued up the path.

     Suddenly, a squirrel jumped out from the bushes and plopped onto the snow in front of them, "Aww...Hey little fella!" Sam smiled, carefully crouching in front of the squirrel. "You hungry?" She asked, offering nuts that she had pulled from her backpack.