Part 2

Monday, September 5th, 2005 - 6am

As Marie left her room, she bumped into Allegra and Claude who were getting ready to head to the cafeteria.

"Morning, guys." yawned Marie, as she made herself her specialty coffee, lovingly named Death Brew.

"Good morning, Mars!" chirped Allegra.

"Good Morning, Mari! We wanted to ask you something," Claude hesitated and looked towards Allegra for confirmation. "...We, that is Felix, Allan, Allegra, and I have been practicing together to start a band... but we don't have a lead singer. After yesterday, we talked it over, and wanted to ask you if youwantedtojoinourband?"

"What?" Did she hear that right?

"Join our band?"

Allegra cut in to explain better. "Obviously, this isn't something we would offer after knowing you for one day, but you seem like an amazing person, and we would all love to get to know you! The fact that you come with Jagged Stone as your honorary brother and are also an amazing singer is a huge plus, but really, we want to be friends with you." Allegra rambled, nervously.

Marie was shocked. Her new dormmates were really offering something so important to them to her. And not just because of who she was, and what connections she has. Not for her money. Not for fame, and not for love. She could truly see herself being good friends with these teens in time. She shook her head to shake off the intruding thoughts of her past friends and focused back on Allegra and Claude, who were nervously waiting for her answer.

"Yes! Yes, I would love to be in your band! What's your guys' band name?"

By that time, the others had come out to join them and were contributing to their ever-growing list of possible band names as they left their dorm and headed to the elevators.

"What about The Catastrophe?" supplied Allan.

"...The Six?"

"...Malfortune?"

"...Heritage?"

"What about The Quantics?" Questioned Claude, absentmindedly.

The others paused.

"You might be on to something, Beauchêne..." Felix hesitated, before continuing, "Since Marie will be our Lead Singer, why don't we call ourselves Marie and the Quantics?"

Completely shocked, Marie froze, as Allegra and Claude cheered at having found their name and pulled them all in for a group hug.

Marie looked around at her new bandmates and smiled softly. It looked like she would finally find a place she truly belonged in.

~~

The newly named band exits the elevator and makes its way to the cafeteria, where they'll get their new schedules.

They joined the other tired students who were slowly trickling into the cafeteria for breakfast and sat down at a table, close to the doors, to not get trampled by the students when they rush to get to their first class of the day.

They keep up small talk while the administrator, Camille calls up students to pick up their schedules. One by one, the group picks up their schedules and shares them with each other.

Marie studies her schedule, trying to commit it to memory before she passes it to Allegra.

~~

Class Schedule; Year 2005-2006; Marie Olivia Wayne (Age 16) - Première Student

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:

7am-8am: Introduction to Business & Finance (M. Pommel - Lecture Hall 3A)

8am-9am: Physics (Mme. Blanchet - Room 143)9am-10am: Study Hall10am-11am: Social Studies (Mlle. Lavigne - Room 112)

11am-12pm: Fashion & Design (Mlle. Bouchard - Room 264)

12pm-1pm: Lunch

1pm-2pm: Pre-Calculus (M. Corbin - Room 173)

2pm-3pm: Jewelry & Accessories I (Mme. Garcia - Room 216)

3pm-4pm: Study Hall (Optional Class on Tuesdays/Thursdays: Studio Art - M. Moreau - Room 294) (Optional Class on Mondays/Fridays: Advanced Guitar 2 - Mme. Beaumont - Room 204)

4pm-5pm: Literary Studies (Mlle. Fontaine - Room 122)

5:30pm-7pm: Physical Education (Fencing; Off-Campus @ Lycee Francois Dupont on Mondays & Fridays - M. D'Argencourt)

Wednesday & Saturday (Half-days):

7am-8am: Textiles & Fabric (Mlle. Bouchard - Room 265)

8am-9am: Voice Lessons/ Songwriting & Production (Mlle. Ferreira & M. Meyer - Room 209)

9am-10am: Study Hall

10am-11am: Fashion History (Mme. Cadieux - Lecture Hall 2C)

11am-12pm: Gymnastics (Mlle. Bassett - Gym Room C)

5:30pm-7pm: Physical Education (Fencing; Off-Campus @ Lycee Francois Dupont on Wednesdays. MMA - Mixed Martial Arts; M. Alarie & Mlle. Baudelaire on Saturdays - School Gymnasium)

*Students have 5 minutes to rotate classrooms.*

**Transportation is provided for Off-Campus classes**

~~

After looking at everyone else's schedule, she found out that she shared many classes with them.

She shared Voice Lessons & Songwriting/Production with all of her dormmates. She shared Pre-Calculus with Claude, Gymnastics with Allegra, Studio Art and Social Studies with Bridgette, Intro to Business and Fencing with Felix, and Literary Studies with Allan.

They finished up their food and began heading to their new classrooms, ready to start learning.

~~~

Monday, September 5th, 2005 - 3pm

After a, frankly, overwhelming morning, Marie Wayne was jogging to her dorm, to pick up her guitar before her next class, when she crashed into another student who had their hands full of papers, sending them both toppling to the ground and papers fluttering to the ground around them.

"Ugh," Marie groaned, as she slowly sat up, trying to keep her head from spinning. She turned towards the student she had crashed into and saw him curiously observing her.

She jumped up and stumbled before she got her balance back, and reached out a hand to the boy who had finished picking up his scattered papers on the ground and pulled him up.

She looked up at him and their eyes met, and Marie nearly stumbled again from their intensity.

The boy was absolutely gorgeous. With breathtaking cyan eyes, silky black hair with blue tips, and a friendly, reassuring smile, Marie was near-instantly smitten.

She shook herself out of her thoughts and introduced herself.

"I'm Marie and I am so, so sorry about that. You're not hurt, are you?"

"Don't worry about it, I'm wasn't hurt. I'm Luka, by the way. Where are you headed to, so distracted?"

"I'm just heading to my dorm to grab my guitar."

"Well, Marie," He smiled down at her, "Would you mind if I accompanied you? I'll be heading to Mme. Beaumont's class, too."

"N-no," She stuttered, "No, I don't mind if you join me. We're not far. It's dorm A-21, just down the hall."

'Yeah,' Marie thought, as she walked to her next class with Luka, 'This is going to be a great fresh start for me.'