Chapter 8

"Falling like a snowflake, catch you in my hands
I can make your heart melt waiting for the chance
If I sing the song, can you show me how to dance?"

- snowflake by Powfu (feat. Jaden & Sarcastic Sounds)

The boys' concert was in two days and Lynn couldn't wait. She was told she would be allowed to come and stay with the staff while watching their performance on a TV screen put there. Jungkook has been busier than usual, almost spending all his days rehearsing with his members for the concert.

Lynn then entertained herself by practicing her Korean at least five hours per day. When she wasn't studying with the classes Jin and Jimin bought her two weeks ago, she was either reading some books in Korean or watching Korean movies.

It was demanding and laborious, but Lynn saw it as a way to challenge herself. Besides, she couldn't really fit in if she didn't know the language, and she was determined to find a job to earn her living.

But after spending almost two weeks in the HYBE building, she needed some fresh air. She also was dying to discover South Korea after seeing it numerous times through K-dramas.

But as she was going to take the elevator, her phone rang and she stopped in her tracks. Jungkook was calling. A smile immediately appeared on Lynn's face, already eager to hear his voice. They haven't seen each other in three days and she missed him like crazy.

"Hi sweetheart." Jungkook greeted her, a bit breathless.

He must have finished dancing. Lynn blushed as usual when she heard him call her by a nickname. He grew quite fond of her rosy cheeks when he did.

"Hi!" Lynn answered back and Jungkook could decipher the smile in her voice, which made him grin in return.

"What are you doing?" He asked and she heard muffled movements on the other line.

"Nothing. And you, not too tired? Are you okay?" She articulated, still a bit awkward with Korean.

He paused for a moment and didn't answer right away. Lynn frowned and pressed the button of the elevator. Was he talking to someone else?

"Your pronunciation is way better than before. You made progress." He suddenly said, impressed. But Lynn could still sense a bit of uneasiness and didn't know what it was.

"Thank you!" She still uttered, feeling somehow proud of herself.

She worked so damn hard on her pronunciation. And even if it was far from perfect, it was still better than before. And that was an accomplishment itself.

Silence overtook the call again and Lynn was confused and a bit worried. What was he feeling? She didn't know him enough to understand his unspoken words without reading his gaze. The string between soulmates didn't have that power when they weren't close enough.

"Let's spend the evening together, alright? I want to see you." He blurted out and Lynn took a few seconds to understand his words. When she did, she beamed.

"Yes! I miss you." She joyfully exclaimed but Jungkook didn't answer again. "Jungkook? Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Yes. Yes. I have to get back to practice. I'll see you tonight."

"Alright! See you tonight. Good luck with your rehearsal."

He then hung up and Lynn frowned. Something was off, but she didn't know what it was. Maybe he was tired? Yes, it must be that. After all he's been working days and nights with the group to be perfect on stage and on his own to provide ARMYs with the best soundtrack ever. He put a lot of pressure on himself and must be exhausted from it.