16 | 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴

⁺✧𝘗𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵⁺✧

The pitter-patter of the rain interrupted me of my train of thought. The sound of the blanket filled the empty room as I sat up in our bed. The dark circles around my eyes were obvious and I looked miserable, Neon on the other hand looked like she was having the best sleep over.

I look over to the blue haired girl that was sleeping peacefully. I envy her ability of not having a care in the world, I've been restless ever since it happened. It's been a week and I've only gotten a total of five hours of sleep. I lost almost all contact with Killua and Kurapika has been checking up on me, but I rarely reply to his texts.

Picking up my phone, I check the time which was eight o' four in the morning. Scrolling on my phone, I check random social media's and soon get tired of it. Soon enough, Neon wakes up and looks at me with a smile.

Rubbing her arms, the silence was broken with a very loud yawn.

"How did you sleep?" She asks, still very sleepy.

"I didn't get much sleep again." I look down at my folded hands.

"It's still early, we can try to sleep again. I'll be right back." She gets out of bed and slips her slippers on.

She walks out of the room with her phone, leaving me alone. I look out of the small crack of the curtains and see that the clouds proceeded to get darker and darker. The forecast presented a day full of thunderstorms.

A few minutes pass and Neon comes back with a cup of freshly steamed milk tea. Climbing back into bed, she places the cup in my hands.

"When I was younger, I used to drink this when I was restless. I'm sure it'll help you too. You need to get some rest for tomorrow, you know?" I nod and take a sip of the tea.

It took me by surprise.

I wasn't the type to like tea or drink it regularly, that goes the same with milk unless it's with my cereal, but this drink was full of flavor. It was probably the sweetest thing I've ever tasted. I didn't notice it at first, but I was crying. Tears continued to stream down as I finished the cup of tea.

"Does that make you feel better?" Neon asks, rubbing circles on my back.

I nod and fall into her arms. The two of us lay down, and I was finally able to get a good rest.

⁺✧

I stood outside the building as Neon fixed my dress/suit one last time.

"Neon, I just wanna say you've been such a good friend and I love you so much. My father and siblings are in there and they're planning on taking me out of the country. It's too dangerous here." I look down at my shoes, too scared to face her.

"WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me?! Why are you just now saying this!" Neon shouted.

The people walking in and out stopped in their tracks to watch and some sped up.

"I didn't know how to tell you and I knew you'd react like this!"

"What do you mean react like this? I would've been fine if you had just told me sooner!" We went back in forth until someone came out and broke us up.

"Kurapika!" I gasped, I wish I had seen him sooner so I could help him with whatever he was dealing with after their death, but I never got the chance to.