Miss me? Part 1

A/N: This is a Dream SMP story about my made up character named Vibes who has the ability to send energy waves to either hurt or heal people. I don't own any of the character except for Vibes, Crybaby and ShardMaster.

      Also I do not do know too much about the the Dream SMP lore so please don't be upset or surprised if some things aren't correct.

Warning: This chapter may trigger some people. Has some scary content.   SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

I lay on the rough mat gazing up at the ceiling trying to fall asleep. I didn't understand why I hadn't passed at the moment my head hit the pillow. I would expect all the stress I was dealing with would make me exhausted but unfortunately it did the opposite.

       I tried to think of positive thoughts but images of the explosion kept coming back. Around three days ago Tommy and me along with her friends over through Schlatt with the help of Techno-blade and Shard-Master. The moment Schlatt lay motionless on the floor, dead from a heart attack, I thought it was over. I thought we could finally rest again, I was wrong Techno-blade's words still sent shivers down my spine

    "I do not spend weeks planning this revolution giving you guys gear just so that you could replace one tyrant  with another." then it happened the blast, in one second L'Manberg, my home, Wilbers unfinished symphony was there and then it was gone disappearing in a cloud of smoke and fire.

Even though I couldn't see him I knew Dream was laughing somewhere, mocking us. I almost didn't care when Techno released the withers  on us. Everything inside of me at spiked as I sent waves of energy around me. I don't quite remember what happened next, all I can recall is stopping ShardMaster from killing Fundy then feeling a a warm feeling in my chest before everything turned black. I woke up in what seemed a few moments later with a sobbing Tommy and Fundy leaning over, crying for me to wake up.

I found out later that I had lost a life. I also found out Wilber had died, at at first I have been told it was from the explosion but my cousin at Ranboo later quietly took me aside and told me Phil had killed him.

At first I was furious and nearly caused Ranboo to pass out from the massive energy wave I sent out but he calmed me down and got me to rationalise with Phil's choice I ended up crying in his arms after that conversation.

Tommy was taking Wilber's death really hard, he barely spoke to anyone but Tubbo for the first two days of setting up a makeshift camp out of the wreckage of the once gloriously L'manberg.

I had taken sentry duty during that time but Tubbo had convinced me to take a break and get some sleep. I couldn't sleep the stress was keeping me awake. I had to lay as far as I could from Ranboo and Tommy, who are sleeping in the same room as me, so I didn't cause them to wake up with my troubled energy waves.

I scratched my fox ears, something I got from my mum, and began to count the minutes as they passed. I began to focus on my surroundings hoping that would calm me. The room was pitch black, the only light was from the digital clock on the table between Ranboo and Tommy's bed. The only sounds were the sounds of the gentle breeze outside and a slight humming noise.

As I lay still, I could suddenly make up the sound of footsteps coming from somewhere down the hall outside the room. At first I thought it was CryBaby, she tended to be a night owl and like to walk around at night.

I heard the sound of a pan knocking over and a chair being moved out of the way "Whoever is up this late," I thought " isn't trying to well at being quiet"

I started to hear whoever it was, slowly begin to walk down the hall towards the room I was sleeping in. What caught me off guard was how the footsteps echoed as if whoever was walking was walking through a gym. And even though the hallway was long nothing ever echoed in it

I began to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick up as the doorknob began to jiggle. As the door slowly began to open I could make in the corner of my eye a tall shadow figure standing in the doorway. Judging from the person's height, I knew it wasn't Crybaby. I would've thought it was Ranboo but he was laying not too far away from me on his own bed.

At that moment, I lay as still as I could as the person began to walk in a marching like form into the room. It stopped at the foot of my bed. I was beginning to sweat, praying that whatever it was, that it wouldn't walk up next to me and look at me.

It's stood at the foot of my bed for several minutes before it began to move again. It went up to Tommy's bed and bent over him before sinking down and disappearing.

I was so scared I couldn't find it in me to scream. I lay frozen until 5 o'clock when I heard the sound of Phil making coffee in the kitchen. The moment I heard the sound of the hand powered coffee grinder, a wave of relief washed over me, I suddenly felt safe again. Getting out of bed, I put on my thin housecoat and went to the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and gave it Phil a small 'hello' before sitting down.

I didn't know how to start, I didn't want to start off a conversation about what I saw with Phil. Especially after he lost his son. It felt improper. After figuring out how I was going word things I asked Phil if Crybaby or Quackity had been up late on sentry duty last night. He told me neither of them did. I felt a shiver run down my spine as he said that. A silence hung around us until he sat down across for me and said "I heard Wilber here last night too."

I shuddered, Phil has just made the whole situation worse. I felt that he had just confirmed to me what I hoped was not true. I began to think that maybe since Phil was grieving he was just trying to cope with this whole situation by thinking that Wilber was in the campsite watching over us and whatnot. I felt a little guilty of feeling as if I had pulled Phil into this conversation so I didn't ask any more questions and just waited for Tommy and Ranboo to wake up.

I decided to not tell anyone else about last night's incident especially not Tommy. Wilber had been like an older brother to him when he was alive. I didn't want Tommy to feel any more hurt.

For the rest of the day I helped forage rebuild and soon I forgot about the whole incident until night fell again.