Hello Stranger ¦ 2min (special)

notes : idek what I was doing here- it was a request and I wanted to get it done, so don't expect development or a great storyline, haha..

I put my finger to my com as my leader's voice crackled in. "Kim, are you there?" I hummed softly in my crouched position. My blue-tinted vision caused by the tech glasses on my face flickered slightly. The shard-white snow blinded me when I took a step forward. I let out a breath, cringing whenever my breath smoked.

"Kim, Position Fifteen." The order flooded into my ears, and I shot up from my couch. I felt snow kick up behind me as I flashed over to the area across from me. "What do you see?"

I let my gaze travel meticulously over my cloud-hued surroundings. No one in sight. That was until I looked down at my ebony combat boots. My eyes narrowed as I felt movement at my side. My irises flicked to the corner of my eye, and I scoffed quietly.

My hand snaked around to my waist. Then, the faintest sound of the sole of a boot connecting with the ice-hard snow. I spun around, my gun aimed at the figure in front of me.

I lunged forward, not wasting a second as I swung an arm at the person in front of me. What I did not expect was a steel-hard grip to engulf my wrist and a painfully cold weapon to be pressed to my chest.

I overcame the surprise quickly, my finger sneaking closer to the trigger on my own gun. "Anything else, and your brain is getting frozen by-"

"Why is your instinct to kill the person you find?" I grit my teeth. Truth be told, that isn't my instinct. My name is Kim Seungmin, the greatest and smartest fighter in my colony. There isn't anyone that's been able to outsmart me enough to defend themself and press a sub-zero gun to my heart.

"Who are you?" I growled slowly, finally getting myself to look at my opponent. Oh-

I couldn't help widening my eyes. He had no mask, like most of the people in Colony Storm. His eyes swam with amusement. He looked..carefree, with his casual smirk plastered on his heart-shaped lips. Wait, what? Seungmin, control yourself. Stop looking at his lips. His cat-like features caught me off-guard. Everything about him did. Mostly everyone in this colony had dull, boring looks. But his purple locks and bright hazel eyes stood out to me.

He's not from here. He blinked at me, and my eyes followed his brown eyelashes. "I'm Lee Minho. Don't be so tense, I'm here for the same reason you are." He reached a hand to my cheek, and I stilled. My grip on my gun faltered, and that was when I realized his intentions.

I was a second too slow as his hand shot down and disarmed me. I cursed under my breath. Seeing that he wasn't here to threaten me, I slapped his weapon away from my chest and stood up straight. I crossed my arms as I gazed at him. "Then what are you here for, if I may ask?" I asked with mock respect.

He cocked his head. "The monster."

"You're cute. Like a puppy," I was taken aback by his sudden remark. Did he not realize this was a crime? Talking to me? You can't talk to the man with the highest combat position. It's against the rules.

I sneered at him. "You don't even have the right weapon." This man is very surprising, isn't he?

"I do," This was the first time his voice sounded serious. Our conversation was interrupted by the snow flying into the air around me. I scowled, pressing a button on my tech glasses. A small weapon materialized in my hands. It was black and blue, and it looked like an ordinary gun. Except, for what came out of it.

Not a bullet, but the specialty of Colony Storm. Lightning ice. I didn't need to look beside me to know that the Minho man had one too. Was it also lightning ice?

"Mine is earth fire. Get in position," I grumbled something at the snappiness in his tone, but I complied anyway. Every time the snow shot up in the air, the more my eyes narrowed and the lower I crouched to the ground.

My lip curled. "It's here." Before I could do anything, someone bounded ahead of me to jump and meet the monster head-on. I decided to stay still. Speculate. Learn more about his fighting style. The easier it'll be to kill him, eh?

"I know what you're thinking, Seungmin! Now isn't the time!" Minho called over from where he was fighting. How did he know my name?

I watched him dodge every blow perfectly, and with every hit the monster missed, he landed one on it. He was better than me, I had to admit. But he wasn't smarter.

I turned on the com. "Bang, do you know who this man is?" I asked, annoyed. Nothing happened without Chris knowing. "Yes." That was all he gave me. I clicked my tongue in annoyance but continued with my work. I adjusted my glasses with a tap.

I didn't even need them for this, though. I flipped them off, enjoying the sudden flourish of natural colors momentarily. I scanned the distance between me and the monster. "Approximately.." I started, my eyes trained particularly on the distance between Minho and the monster.

"12 meters." Then, in a flash, as if nothing happened, I was next to Minho. I shoved him aside harshly with the brunt of my gun. Then, I aimed it at the monster's throat. Warm, sticky blood splattered on my jet-black top. Well, more like lack of it.

Why wasn't it fatally injured? I hit its throat. I heard an exasperated sigh behind me. "Its skin is too thick, smartarse." Minho snorted. I huffed, bringing my hand down to him. "Says the one on the ground."

"You pushed me."

"And?"

"Don't do that again."

"Okay. Can we fight now? I don't think the monster is going to wait for you to shut up." I snapped at last. As annoyance shadowed his handsome features, I felt my face heat up. He was very handsome, wasn't he?

"Okay, cutie, my turn." He announced emphatically. He loaded his weapon and jumped onto the monster's back. I watched as his lithe, swift frame worked its way to the monster's face. So professional, I think.

Then, before I knew it, the monster was blind. Its face now horribly scarred thanks to Minho.

Now that I think about it, there were rumors of someone better than me in the outskirts of Colony Storm. But the outskirts were a shameful place to live, so no one ever questioned it. They assumed it was another rumor. It always irked me, people believing there was someone out there better than their protector. "Minho!" I barked.

He didn't look at me but responded anyway. "What?"

"Are you the Storm Shaker?" I demanded, my knuckles turning white from gripping my freeze gun. He stabbed the creature. "We're in the middle of a fight, quit trying to start a conversation, baby." I was caught off guard by the new pet name. Though I knew what he was trying to do.

"So you are, Lee Know." I snarled, throwing a barrier bomb on the snow, creating a cloud of dust to surround me. As it faded, a barrier was put between us and the creature. I stood across from Minho.

"Why did you come back, Lee Know?"

"So you've connected the dots." My Familiars told me about someone who had left the Central of our colony to go to the outskirts. He was super skilled and had succeeded my achievements as a Twelve year when he was Nine. Also known as Lee Know.

So the person who had left was also the rumored person more skilled than me. "You're more..fine than I thought you would be," I muttered quietly. Minho smiled. "So now the great Kim is shy, huh?" I scrunch my face.

"You're not so bad either. You remind me of a puppy, Min." Min?

"Don't call me that.." He smirked. "But you like it. I see you checking me out, you know. You're oh so great, but aren't so sneaky when it comes to a little crush." He frowned in mock sympathy, making me bristle. Although the normal annoyance didn't spring forth.

"Fine, I am. It doesn't matter. I can't like you. It's against the rules." He hummed.

"No one cares about rules. I learned that in the outskirts." Then he grabbed my collar and pushed me towards him. Our faces were inches apart, and I could feel his warm breath against my lips.

"Puppy," He murmured before crushing his mouth against mine.