FOURTEEN

ARWEN FANE - PRESENT

I understood my father, I understood him more now than I ever did before. He was hurting, we both were. He had his reasons and even if leaving me was one of the worst things to happen, I'm glad it did. Everything happens for a reason, and him telling me something Raven didn't tell me happened for a reason.

He helped me crawl out a hole, he's filled his role. He helped me as much as he could and his chapter is closing, I'm closing it. I'm writing the ending to it right now as I take each step towards the front door. His front door, not ours; His, just his. By the end of the night I'll be staying at an apartment my father purchased as a gift, he thought separation from Raven was best just because newly couples shouldn't live with one another anyway.

He doesn't know I'm doing this, he helped me come to the conclusion but I was the one who decided this. I was making a decision without the help of anyone to tell me otherwise. I'm so proud of myself right now.

Opening the door I found Raven at the counter and looking at me with sorry in his eyes. He knew that I knew. I crossed my arms and placed my purse on the counter.

"Do you have something to get you out of this" he blinked and let a tear slide of his face. Fuck.

"I meant to tell you, I really did it's just- we were in such a good place and I didn't want to ruin it. Your dads call just came in randomly and I didn't know what to do with the information. I didn't care about your father all I wanted was you, but if the package is the both of you'll I take it, I'll fucking take it" I blinked away my own tears. I wiped them from my cheek and shook my head.

"We're in a good place, my father in me anyway. I forgive him but you Raven. We had one rule, no lies and what did you do? You lied to me about a huge thing, my biological father even knows I exist. Turns out he pays my mom every month to not tell me and to keep me steered away"

"Please, please don't do this" I sighed and sucked in a breath before releasing. My chest was falling heavily.

"We never even made it official so it doesn't really matter, but yeah I guess your getting dumped. I hope you have a good rest of you life Raven" I turned but snapped my head back when I heard a crashing sound.

Raven slipped to the floor but it was on purpose, on his hands and knees he held my gaze. He was going to beg?

"Please, I'll do anything. I fucking love you. I need you, your everything. When I wake up my first thought is where is Arwen and is she okay. When I go to sleep I make sure your in my arms and my last thought is always about how your hair smells so nice. So please, please, please.

The tears didn't stop. They fell fell and fell, hard droplets hit the floor and I looked away.

"I can't Raven, I just can't" I slipped away and walked from the front door, packing my things would be like placing a cookie in a large vault. There'd be no point. And plus, I couldn't look at him without feeling bad, he's the one who should feel terrible. But he does feel terrible. Grabbing my phone I swiped to his contact and typed three words.

Me - I need time

•••
Several months later...

School was honesty one of the best things I've committed my time to. I've met one friend so far and I've even introduced her to Delia. That's how you know she's important if I introduced her to my all time best fiend.

My grades are high and my GPA is something to actually be proud of. I've never felt more accomplished than how I feel now. My relationship with my father has been nothing but smooth sailing and I make sure to see him at least once a week. My school schedule is hectic, especially with midterms just around the corner.

I didn't bother trying to make contact with Robert, he never wanted to be apart of my life so I decided against trying to be apart of his. Plus he was crude old man who did things that benefitted himself only. Besides that papa transferred his job to be more local and closer to me. Reina was upset about the news and even got cut off, from papa anyway.

She still gets her income from Robert but can only afford her life style in a smaller home. I feel bad for anyone who lives in the apartment above or below her, truly must be a nightmare; but that's their nightmare.

"Daydreaming again?" I turned towards Rory who smiled. I nodded.

"Sorry"

"It's fine I just want you to do well on the exams, first year is hard as hell"

"Aren't you younger than me?" I asked. Rory laughed.

"Yes but Im a nerd remember, so skipping a couple grades wasn't that harmful" this time I laughed, I feel old compared to this kids that attend this school. Everyone else who's first year is either a year or two younger than me. It's fucking weird.

"How's your studying going, it seems like that book is more ingesting than normal"

"Yeah I might have a little crush on a guy" I gave a annoying gasp and she laughed.

"I wont tell you anything until it's serious or if I need major advise, for now that's all the info your allowed" I pouted but went back to studying in peace.

Being content wasn't a feeling I had a lot but it was something I enjoyed when the chance came.