seven.

“Do you ever say anything other than that? 'Cause it's getting pretty old. ”

 ”

🌺

21/22 day later
Location: unknown

“From what you're saying. You all got along. So, what happened?” the brunette man asks. “Did you have friends when you were a teenager?” Katherine asks. He nods his head. “Some friendships aren't really friendships. Like, personal gain. I think that's what it was.” Katherine explains. They write down what she's saying. “That, and people are just two-faced. They do things for their own gain. Otherwise, they wouldn't be there.” Katherine continues. Katherine sighs leaning her head back. “I had to deal with that back home. I was hoping I wouldn't have to on that island.” Katherine says.

“What do you mean by that?” The ginger man asks. “I've always kept to myself, except during track and cheer seasons. And people took advantage of that. They took it too far, and there were consequences. I made sure of it.” Katherine explains. “How did you make sure of it?” the brunette man asks. “Well, I exposed, every single one of them. And they didn't figure out it was me.” Katherine says with a smile.

🌺

22/21 days ago
Location: unknown
Day 13/14 on the island

They had been stuck on the island for practically weeks now. Katherine was sure that they weren't going to be rescued. They had built a sort of shelter a few days ago. Katherine was laying in between Leo and Kirin. Just like the past few nights. She hadn't told Leo if she still held a grudge against him, or not. She wasn't that sure, that she disliked him anymore. He had been really sweet to her, but maybe it was all so she could forgive him.

And the worst thing of all, is that she found herself falling for him, for the second time. She didn't know how, or why. Actually, she did know how. He had been making sure she ate, slept, and smiled. She had always thought that he was sweet, until he proved her wrong. Kirin had been helping her too. He's her friend, and there isn't any bad blood between them, either.

The reason she had a dislike towards Leo, is still unknown to Kirin. He had been curious, but has patiently waited for her to tell him. And, she hadn't. He was disappointed, but not surprised. No matter how good they get along, they've only know each other for a little over a week. Katherine had moved her body, so she was now facing Kirin's back. She slowly put her arms around him, thinking that he was asleep. But, Kirin grabbed her arms, and held onto her.

It made Katherine smile, unknowingly. They both fell asleep comfortably. By midnight, Leo had his arms wrapped around Katherine. All three of them, sleeping better than they had in the past two weeks.

🌺

21 days ago
Location: unknown
Day 14 on the island

They were awoken by Bo saying something. “Anybody hear that?” He asked worriedly. “Hear what?” Josh asked. “I'm not sure.” Bo answers.  “Boner, dude. Don't cry wolf while we're trying to fucking sleep.” Kirin said tiredly. “I think I heard it again.” Bo said. “There's always a lot of noisees out there. I'm sure, it's nothing.” Seth says.

“Hey, if Bo said he heard something. He heard something.” Scotty defends. After a few seconds they all hear a sort of growling. “Please, tell me we all just imagined that.” Josh says. “Can ten people, all imagine the same thing?” Raf asks. Seth starts saying something, but Katherine tunes him out. She doesn't want to die.

At least not like this. “Death will come for us. Be by carnivore, disease, or some unknown will. Death will come for us.” Henry says. “Henry not now.” Seth says. “Sorry, but it's true.” Henry responds. “Look, I get that we're all freaked out right now, but Henry has a point.” Leo says. Seth ignores him, while  Henry nods in thanks. “The Grim Reaper is sharpening his scythe. Just for us.” Henry continues.

“Henry, not now.” Seth says again. “Do you ever say anything other than that? 'Cause it's getting pretty old.” Katherine says. Seth doesn't say anything. Suddenly Henry breaks out into song. Katherine and Leo look at each other surprised. Suddenly whatever wild animal is out there, walks right by their shelter. They all jump slightly, scared. “What in the ever living fuck was that?” Ivan asks.

They all sit in silence waiting. They hear growling again. But, this time, they hear it from where Bo is sitting. “Scotty.” Bo whispers, terrified. “Bo, do not move. Nobody move.” Scotty whispers. Katherine squeezes Kirin ans Leo's hands. She's scares out of her mind. They all try not to move, when Josh screams, and runs out of the shelter. They all follow suit, and run towards the water. Staying there well into morning.

🌺

21 days ago
Location: unknown
Day 14 on the island

By morning they had left the water, and we're checking their belongings. “This could've been my skull.” Josh says holding up a crushed peanut butter container. “We won't let that happen J. And, your skull is a lot stronger than the – plastic jar.” Seth says reassuringly. “Not really. One of my fontanels didn't fully close. So, I'm still a little spongy back there.” Josh confesses.

Katherine looks at him confused, having no clue what he's talking about. “Oo, a monster lives in our backyard. What we found with bite marks in our nards.” Henry sings. “Henry! Jesus, can – can you not?” Seth exclaims. Henry stares at Seth blankly. Seemingly annoyed. “Seriously, though. What was that thing?” Raf asks. Katherine shrugs, and walks over to Leo. She didn't really want to talk about almost being eaten, by whatever wild animal was there last night.

They spent a while picking up their belongings. And they sent Bo and Scotty to put their food somewhere safe. After that everyone went there separate ways, to do their own thing. Leo had decided to go for a swim, Katherine had decided to lay down for a bit, and Kirin was sitting on the beach.

Katherine felt Kirin walk into what remained of their shelter. She turned her body over to look at him. “What are you doing.” She asks him. “Looking for some medicine.” Kirin says as he looks through Josh's medicines. He pulls out a bottle. Katherine moves over to see what it is. And they're just antibiotics. “Wow. This is bold. Stealing shit in broad daylight.“ They hear Ivan say from behind them.

Kirin walks out of the shelter to talk to Ivan. Katherine decides to stay out of the situation. ”Y'know, I hate to break to you babe, but you're not a ninja. You're like six foot ten, and you have gorgeous eyecatching hair.” Ivan says. “I wasn't stealing. The stuff is communal.” Kirin says. “Is your name on that bottle?” Ivan asks. After that Katherine decides to ignore the conversation, as it has nothing to do with her. And she eventually falls asleep.