Chapter Two - Keefe

"You should come."

Keefe looks up from his phone to meet Fitz's eyes across the table. Fitz gently smiles, trying to persuade his best friend to come to his sister's softball game.

Keefe sighs, raising his eyebrow. "And why should I?"

"Because I don't want to go by myself." He whines.

Keefe stirs his drink with his straw. "Doesn't Bangs Boy's sister play? You can hangout with him."

"I never really talk to him outside of practice. I don't think he'd want to sit with me anyway." Fitz leans forward. "I'll let you commentate."

"Fine."

"Their field is so far away." Keefe mutters as Fitz parks at the softball field.

"Yeah, they built the baseball field first, so they built this one off-campus. Biana complains about it everyday." Fitz rolls his eyes while Keefe laughs.

Keefe scans the perimeter of the field as the boys get out of the car. His eyes eventually landed on the girls batting. He immediately spots Biana warming up in the bullpen with Bang Boy's sister. He couldn't remember her name. Something with an L.

Fitz sighs, realizing he can't give the water bottle he bought to his sister. His eyes light up when he spots a blonde walking out of the dugout. She seemed familiar, but he had no idea what her name was.

"Sophie!"

She jumps at her name being called, looking around for whoever called her. She relaxes when she spots Fitz, quickly walking over.

Fitz holds the water bottle over the fence. "Can you give this to Biana?"

Sophie smiles, taking the water bottle. "She forgot it again?"

"Yeah." He glares at his sister. "Next time, I'm just going to let her suffer."

Sophie laughs and Keefe feels his ear heat up. He felt a weird feeling in his stomach. It wasn't a nauseous feeling, more like butterflies but way more intense. He'd always hear stories about soulmates meeting each other. They would always get a weird feeling in their stomachs, but that couldn't be what was happening to him. Could it?

"I should probably go before Marella murders me." She glances back at a blonde with braided hair staring them down. "I'll make sure to give this to Biana though."

Fitz nods in reply. "Thank you."

Keefe's eyes follow Sophie as she runs off, joining her teammate in the batting cage. He barely notices Fitz walking off toward the ticket booth. He shakes his head and quickly catches up.

"What's wrong with you?" Fitz elbows Keefe. "You were really quiet back there. It's not like you."

"Was I supposed to say something?" Keefe places a hand over his heart and pretends to wipe away a tear. "I can't believe you think I would intrude on such a private conversation."

Fitz sighs. "I can't stand you."

Keefe smirks. "Then sit down."

Fitz stops in his tracks, staring at Keefe in disbelief before shaking his head and walking off. Laughing, Keefe follows him. Not before taking a glance back at Sophie, still wondering why he felt so flustered. He never got that way around girls.

He never believed in soulmates because of his parents. They always claimed to be soulmates, but they never actually seemed happy. So there was no possible way Sophie could be his soulmate; they didn't exist.