Alternate Timeline

(AN: Any suggestions for updating this timeline please message me or leave a comment.)

1776 — The Declaration of Independence is created and signed, announcing the American colonies as an independent nation and addressing the unalienable rights to all men.

1783 — The American Revolution comes to ends with the former American colonies victorious with the assistance of the French Navy.

1787 — The Constitution is written and made official, setting the new foundation for what is now the United States of America.

1789 — The French Revolution kicks off and comes to a close with the Royal Family being overthrown and beheaded and Napoleon crowned as the new emperor.

1800 — Slavery is officially abolished in the United States following a compromise written in the Constitution.

1803 — The United States purchases the Louisiana territory from the French First Republic in what is now called the Louisiana Purchase.

1812 — The United States declares war on Great Britain after enforced restrictions on trade and a desire to expand territory up north. The war concluded with a United States victory after the British were forced to abandon the territories and withdrawal their fleet to fight an increased attack by Napoleon.

1815 — Napoleon is defeated and exiled to the island of Saint Helena, soon dying of stomach cancer. Louis XVIII was installed as king of France with peace returning to Europe.

1831 — Native American Tribes are relocated within the territories of Oklahoma and Kansas. Years later, the territories become official states resulting in the Native Americans gaining United States citizenship.

1845 — The United States begins it's Manifest Destiny, expanding westward into unclaimed territories to claim new lands for settlers, reaching towards the western coast.

1848 — The Mexican War kicks off with Mexican troops firing on American troops. The war wages for nearly two decades due to Mexican resolve, but ends with the United States as the victors with new innovations made such as the ironclad and repeating rifle.

1866 — The United States officially annexes the territory of Mexico, establishing itself as a legitimate superpower and dominate force over the American continents.

1867 — The United States purchases the Alaskan territory from Russia.

1898 — The Spanish-American War kicks off following the sinking of the USS Maine. The United States emerges victorious and claims the Cuban islands, later annexing them.

1899 — The First Philippine Republic establishes it's independence from Spain, backed by the United States. The Philippines become the first democratic republic runned nation in Asia.

1914 — The Great War begins with the countries of Europe and Asia in total war. The United States remains neutral, but assists Great Britain and it's allies with shipments of guns and ammunition.

1917 — United States enters the war against the Central Powers following the destruction of two American merchant vessels. They entered in what they believed to be the WAR TO END ALL WARS. It ended nothing.

1918 — The Great War comes to an end with Allied victory over the Central Powers.

1919 — Germany signs the Treaty of Versailles, reducing it's military and giving up several territories. The United States was against this treaty, believing that the terms were too harsh and unnecessary, and would cause problems in the future.

1921 — Following the treaty of Versailles, the United States signs a separate treaty with Germany in where the United States would assist in finance and rebuilding of the German infrastructure.