Chapter 5

I woke up to the soft snoring of Thyllian beside me. I couldn't bring myself to talk to him after last night, I still couldn't believe that Prince Crucian could be so awful, actually, that's a lie, of course I could, he's a Prince.

I didn't have the heart to wake up Thyllian just yet, it was still day and I could hear animals outside my window, or at least I hoped it was an animal of some sort, I would give up anything to never have to bear the effects of the ever apple again. I can't believe Thyllian saved me from it, he was probably only doing it for the sex but there are better looking Bishka in this village and if I hated someone, I would watch them die, but he saved me. I decided it was best to just enjoy this comfort of being in someone's arms for now. Unfortunately, he started to stir.

"Bramble? Are you dead yet?" He asked, still half asleep. I sighed.

"Ok good, you're really snuggly..."

He kept talking nonsense so I just laid there and enjoyed the compliments, once he started to wake up more, I worried that he was actually developing some feelings for me so I turned around and pressed a finger to his lips.

"Please, just shush, we have a few more hours of sleep left."

He shook his head gently and kept talking, eventually I fell asleep to it.

A few hours later he gently shook me awake, I grumbled and tried to pull the covers over my head but he shuffled himself so I was on top of him.

"Bramble, get up, we have to go to school, also, you don't have to be my date to the dance anymore, I think you have been through enough, how about we keep this on the down low, for both our sakes, if the Highlanders find out we've been spreading rumours about them, we could get into serious trouble."

I sighed and agreed with him, I didn't want anyone to know I had sex with him anyways, I gave him one of my mothers homemade apple loafs as a thank you for saving my life.

"It's only fair that I give you something, you're literally a life saver."

He nodded and left to get ready. I walked up to my room, I heard someone's voice when I got closer so I peeked through a tiny crack, it was Prince Shilk, can I have a break? I saw him walk over to Helvar, placing a mouse right in front of him, luckily, I've trained him not to eat anything unless given by me.

"Well that's no fun, where is the girl, I would like to have some fun with her, what a pretty soul she is."

I held up my hands and vines spread all around him, he panicked and was about to make me powerless but I gagged him with a vine. Once he was trapped, I walked in and folded my arms over my chest.

"There is no way I am going through that again." I screamed as I saw the slice of plum in his hand, he thrashed against the vines and eventually got free, I was scared he would curse me but instead, I heard footsteps on the stairs. He panicked and dropped the slice of plum on the ground before jumping out of my window. When my parents came in and saw the plum, they gasped.

"Who tried to hurt you love?" My Dad said, clearly panicked, I couldn't tell them that Prince Shilk had invited himself into my bedroom, they wouldn't believe me.

"I don't know who they were, but they weren't a Bishka, they came last night, someone told them my address and they have been trying to hurt me." I said, giving them my best acting skills, scared wasn't quite in my dictionary but I have seen enough fear in my life to at least act it out. My Dad immediately shot downstairs, my mother following him quickly.

"Right, we are moving, you get ready for school, we will collect you and take you to our new house."

I was beyond surprised but I couldn't argue with it, that would make me way safer, only, I've lived in this house for all my life and it was going to be a bit hard to transition. I can't believe this is all because I let a Prince walk me home through the forest. I don't know what I did to disrespect him but it must have been enough for him to completely up-end my life.