Chapter 7

"Who were you talking to, Jonah?"

Elijah felt like he had jumped a few feet up as soon as he heard Harry's deep voice coming from the door managing to scare Cocoa. He turned around and gave him a sheepish smile still holding onto the phone then slowly got up and dusted his pajamas off already used to doing it every time.

"I was talking to a friend from camp." Elijah shrugged it off feeling guilty for lying.

"Oh okay, what friend?" Harry crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Aaron, he's from Colorado. We promised to keep in touch." Elijah said.

"Okay, aunt Perrie's gonna come get you in an hour or so. She wants to take you shopping or something so be ready." Harry smiled petting Cocoa as he did so.

"Okay." Elijah nodded biting on his bottom lip and as soon as he saw him making his way out he decided it was now or never, "Dad!"

"Yeah bud?" Harry stopped then turned around to find his son fiddling with his hands making him worry, "Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. I was wondering if we could spend the day together, you know? Walk around the city or watch a movie." Elijah asked hoping for a yes like the one he always got with his dad Louis.

"I'm sorry son but I can't, I've got a meeting with a client that I can't miss but we could spend this weekend together." Harry looked at his watch as he made his way out of the closet.

"Right." Elijah nodded before Harry left leaving him alone.

He sighed wondering if he was always like that then even though he was alone in a house way too big for his taste he was glad that his brother was spending time with their dad. It wasn't even a minute later when he started sniffling missing his dad and his warm hugs, he missed their apartment that even though was small he at least had his dad and his dad had time for him. He couldn't hold the tears back when Cocoa snuggled up to him whimpering as he did so trying to make him feel better.

"I'm okay Cocoa." Elijah placed a kiss in between his ears at the top of his head.

He gave himself time to calm down then got ready to wait for his aunt Perrie in the foyer seeing Nick sitting in his dad's study with his back to the door on his way out, he stopped and hid as soon as he figured out he was on the phone.

"Yeah baby, I can assure you he'll be putting a ring on my finger soon...the kid? As soon as I'm a Styles that kid will be out of here on his way to boarding school in Sweden where I'll never have to see him again, he's a pain in the ass. Give it a year or so and everything Harry Styles owns will be ours." Nick laughed and it was enough to send Elijah running out the door to wait for Perrie outside.

He had been sitting on the steps for a few minutes when Perrie pulled up in front of him and waved like a maniac for him to get in the car. As soon as he was inside he kissed her cheek then buckled up glad to get out of there now knowing that Jonah had been right when he had told him about Nick only wanting their dad's money.

"You okay Buttercup, you're being quiet when you're usually so talkative." Perrie gave him a gentle smile.

"I don't like Nick. And he looks like Slenderman." Elijah confessed waiting for her to say something.

She didn't say anything until she stopped at a red light and without warning burst out laughing slapping her thigh as she did so while Elijah gave her worried looks and out of nowhere started laughing too. She continued laughing until she parked her car outside a restaurant then turned the engine off and when Elijah looked at her she now had on a serious expression.