7

Hope arrived to the hospital and saw Scott and Malia sitting there. She walked to them quickly,

"I got here as soon as I could. What happened?" Hope asked.

"My mom got shot. And my dad,...and Lydia, and Mason." Scott replied with tears in his eyes.

"Oh, my God." Hope's eyes filled with tears.

"You should've been there. You could protect them." Scott said.

"You know I was with Liam and Theo." Hope frowned.

"You should've been there." He said and tear slid down his cheek.

"I can't be everywhere, Scott." Hope looked at him disappointed, "I had to help Liam."

"You're the tribrid. You should be able to save everyone, but instead you're wasting your powers on Theo. You should've been there." Scott raised his voice and Hope stood back.

"Scott.." Malia called him.

Hope cleaned her throat and stepped back,

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I have to go see Lydia."

Scott looked down without any response. Malia looked at her disappointed and Hope sighed. She turned around and walked down to hall.

She saw Sheriff Stilinski.

"Hey. Is Lydia okay?" She asked walking towards to him.

"She's all right. Bullet missed everything that matters, thanks God." Stilinski replied, "Hope,we got lucky. Everyone'll be okay."

"They almost died." Hope looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"But they're gonna live." Stilinski said.

"Scott was right. I should've been there. I would protect them. This would never happen." Hope looked down.

"It's not your fault, okay?" Stilinski assured, "We're gonna have two deputies posted here around the clock. Nobody sets foot on this floor without my authorization."

"Okay." Hope mumbled.

Stilinski looked at her disappointed and sighed, he walked closer to her and hugged her. She wrapped his arms around him tightly and let it all out.

"They're gonna be okay." He assured.

"I have to go see Lydia." Hope said.

"Okay." he smiled

[...]

Hope walked in and saw Lydia lying on the bed. She was sleeping and resting.

Hope came closer to her and grabbed her hand.

"I'm gonna stop it." She whispered and tear slid down her cheek.

Hope closed her eyes and put her hands on Lydia's chest. She healed the wounds and Lydia gasped.

Hope smiled and stroked Lydia's cheek.

"I'm gonna kill them."

[...]

Hope walked in the animal clinic looking for some blood to take some strenght. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and turned around quickly.

"Deaton?" She asked.

"I'm not Deaton." Theo said arriving.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"You don't usually answer a question with a question." Hope smiled ironically.

"You know, you can't fight them alone." Theo sighed

"Theo, my friends are in danger, okay? I have to. I have to kill Monroe, Gerard and their hunters." Hope said.

"You won't win if you'll fight alone. They need your help, not you getting killed." Theo said.

"The last time I helped them, I died, became the tribrid, killed a lot of people and became a monster myself. Just like the universe wanted." Hope said.

"But thanks to them, you're here. Alive, and doing everything to save people you love. You have to let them help you." Theo said.

"No. They're gonna die, Theo. I don't want that. I don't want to lose another person I care about." Hope said.

"But, that's the faith you have to except, Hope. To be the one who lives." Theo said and Hope looked at him disappointed.

"I don't have to be the one who lives." She said with tears in her eyes, "I have to be the one to save them. Alone."

[...]