Chapter 1. Arrows from the sky.

At the edge of South America, stood a robust kingdom. Formidable to many of its enemies, and ruled by a king who was once a commander of the great Army of the Amazon. The king was even said to be a descendant of Alexander the Great, and held the same notion of a vast empire.

The king had awoken early that morning. He sat on his throne, which was parallel to a window overlooking the town, with his hands crossed below his bosom, he embraced the sun and the sight of the villagers in the river below. He couldn't help but vent his disgust to the vacancy; the sight that torture him so, he was at war with himself again to restrain a sudden twitch of his shoulder.

"Such peasantry, they are up so early, in that tainted water...my stomach churns...things," the king said contemptuously. The sound of footsteps could now be heard approaching his quarters, and had finally ceased at his door way.

"My king, up so early!" The guard said surprisingly.The king who had now rose from his throne, went to the far end of his quarter to retrieve his crown. He placed it on his head and made his way back to his throne. The crown was made of pure gold, garishly showing with the pillow of the light that entered the setting. It reflected the light so well that dark corners that held the king's secrets, fled, and were then illuminated in its absence. The guard could not help but notice that the crown was placed incorrectly on; that the front was towards that back and hid the sapphire embedded into it and the back was facing the guard and was only a barren plain absent of sapphire.

"My king, your crown is backward"

"What have you for me." He responded indifferently, leaving the crown as it is. "I was among the masses. I have the report," said the guard.

'Any tyrants to the peace...facilitators of malevolence and malice?'

"Just a few. Unimportant people; peasants!"

"Well then they shall be dealt with easily," the king replied with a blueness in his eyes, it was as though the sapphire has went through his skull to take presence in his pupils.

"How so sire," said the guard.

"Make it an act of the enemy... Remove all treason... We need propaganda anyway; the enemy might attack anytime."

The king spoke in this manner frequently. His inability to convey with a complete though only emphasizes his lack of education; that his essential schooling was in the arts of war and conquest.

"Aye sire," said the guard as he turned to leave.

The king perched on his throne continue to stare through the window. He saw many peculiar sights through this window- children and mothers swarming into the dusty water, indifferent toward the possibility of  malady. "Such peasantry," he repeated.

Halmbert stood at the curve of the canal with the wind against the locks of his hair. He stood and placed his hands in the form of a cup, and plunged them into the dusty water. The waves ran away from his hands, and left his reflection distorted, and suddenly clarity swept across his reflection.

"This water is plagued by the King himself," said a woman nearby. She then took some clothing that she had in a basket and begun to wash them.

"Why must we suffer to bathe in filth, while the rich bathe in grandiose, indeed the baker is greedy, and the banker is hedonistic in his pursuits, but why must the lame remain lame."The castle hovered over the destitution, with its roots bright and bulky, and its body made with Full limestone, and overwhelmingly this all stretched far and wide."

"That castle it laughs...it mocks us. It laughs with the dew beneath its cheeks... I'll burn it. I'll burn it to hell. "She emerge from the water to the edge of the canal. Halmbert stared at the woman as her silhouette faded into the light of the sun. He thought about what she had said and knew she was right. He gazed at the castle who also gazed at him laughingly, and he begin to feel appalled. He emerged from the water and ventured to his house. He pondered the words of the woman, as he walked his eyes met all the decay and dilapidation of the his village; the bodies of houses that were archaic and made of mad wood, that allowed the rain to fall though, the malodorous stench of rotting animal flesh and deceased vegetables, the torn and detached clothing of the people. The poverty was ever so obvious to the people but yet the King remained indifferent toward it.