003. A Day in Sierra's Life..

🎪

🎪

Welcome to Tahiti! It's a magical place.

The words on every flier, every booklet and every hotel worker's lips had the bad habit of sticking to Sierra Harss' mind like glue, even though they've only been on the island's grounds for less than half a day. Tahiti's catchphrase in marketing became the hymn of her thoughts like some annoying commercial, only this time around, she was oblivious enough into her holiday spirit to think it was an enjoyable sort of vexation.

Twelve hours, from which three were spent only in the airport, through queues and document checks, and at least another two on the road to the first bunch of tourist attractions they wanted to see before settling in the hotel, went by fast. 

Danny planned the whole thing, got everyone on board for this holiday... Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, somehow, Danny even managed to pry Matt Murdock and Master Zhihao away from their beloved cities they had an unshakable desire to safeguard through the nights. Sierra invited Agent W to tag along as well, not only because they've remained friends since the lizard business back when the Hero Control Team was still a thing and not just a tabloid conspiracy about spies, but also because he, as much as her, was in need of a break.

Yes. The need for a holiday. 

It hid itself in dark circles and shivers during summers. It was that ghostly companion poisoning a person's shadow, forcing white hairs to shine through Danny's golden locks all through the Multiversal crisis and into the following weeks when Sierra's sleep schedule was interrupted by nightmares.

He never claimed to know what she had seen, what she knew about the worlds out there, nor did he ever try to make her talk about the possible horrors of it. He knew perhaps better than anyone that some things were better off not poked, but neither of these caring boundaries stopped Danny from worrying about the love of his life; his Guiding Light turned into a flickering candle and it was his duty to do his best to guard that flame of hers in return, not as servitude or duty-bound gratitude for the times she had saved him, but as an act of love. It came naturally, to the point the silver amongst gold was a cosmetic detail he couldn't care less about.

This Tahiti getaway was one of the many holidays Danny planned for them. The world could live on a year without the Immortal Iron Fist actively lighting up his fists every other night and he knew for a fact his company was in the safe and capable hands of Ward Meachum. If he took a break, Sierra would be compelled to follow his example.

And this first stop of relaxation had to include some companions for two reasons, in his belief: they deserved to feel some real living without the worries of their day to day service to their respective communities and of course, he needed witnesses for the brave step he planned on taking in the relationship with Sierra.

Everyone knew exactly what Danny had been carrying in his pocket for months, even the woman herself, but none dared tear down his conceived idea that he was being discreet about this.