Snezhnaya

Snezhnaya, the huge land covered in pure, white snow. A majestic castle located in the capital of this grandiose gods creation.

Masked people reminded foreigners of a masquerade ball organized by the noble leader, her majesty.. Tsaritsa.

This is how Childe and non political visitors would describe you the nation reigned by the Fatui. For sure they never lied, there are huge balls and festivals but this people were blinded by the golden shining events which hide the truth behind this cold nation.

The cryo archon, ones lovely and helpful turned her back and started a cold reign. Her ambitions got fulfilled by the Fatui  serving as her weapon against humanity. Childe as her right hand never doubt her desisions and requests.

He always was the puppet in her game. A puppet that will be thrown away as soon as it looses the worth.

He took every chance to get stronger, fight a monster? Not even a problem for him.

Go kill the enemy! Yes my majesty.

But would he know that the great enemy who challenged him in every possible way awoke new feelings. A forbidden love that he desired.

How could he ever think that a rebel against aristocracy is the perfect match... as someone who is part of this aristocracy. He himself loves this system and gains profit without thinking about the poor people who his family ones belonged to.

*

It was a normal Monday morning. The first thing to cross out of the todo list was a hot cup of chai (tea). Pretty nesasary in this cold regions, especially during the winter months.

Childe loved the Snezhnayan traditions and followed them. In fact he wasn't the guy who followed a lot of rules, but this ones HAD to be followed.

A cup of black tea and a blinchik (pancake). What a great way to start the day, he thought. It were the few seconds before the duty as a Harbinger started that made him happy.

He turned the old radio his parents gifted him years ago on. The classic music was so calming. Not everyone was aware of this but he learned playing the violin as a kid and now entertained the royalty with his music.

Might sound weird.. a harmonic violin played by a bloody and ruthless killer but these are the people who bring the dramatic in their music and make it sound unforgettable.

"Master Childe hurry up, the almighty Tsaritsa wants you to look after the preparation for the celebration of the glory day." It was his personal legboy who never missed paying him a visit ordering him his duties for the day.

Childe hurried up finishing his tea, grabbing his coat and a pair of typical Snezhnayan boots traditionally made out of felt. Rough winter days required the right equipment.

He sprinted out of his house throwing the keys to the legboy who was done with his part. As long as other higher ups won't call him to bringe Childe a letter or news he could relax on his own.

The castle courtyard was Childes destination. Every year in February the nation celebrated their archon and the achievements she have made. Of corse there was a huge ball afterwards where poor people never get a chance to get in.

The normal folk celebrated outside selling street food and drinking fire water.

There wouldn't be a need in a guard like Childe if this festival went as described. During the last two years a new organization was formed who tried to started a revolt on the last nations birthday.

Childe remembered this day as if it was yesterday. Six Fatui members and a lot of civilians were killed. Among the six Fatui guards was Childes cousin who just got promoted. They wanted to celebrate that day together but unfortunately there was no chance to do so.