six

Marci waited patiently as the ramp of the jet lowered itself so she could enter and prepare for her flight back to Wakanda. Her mind was still plagued with the information that Ansel had revealed to her, but she couldn't ignore her desire to return back to Wakanda, back to Bucky. Her eagerness to share everything from her trip and be content with him once more now that her desires to know more of her mother have been extinguished with the news of her death. 

Although it seemed as if the universe had other plans for her. 

Marci entered the loading bay of the jet; each of her steps carefully planned to avoid the loose sections. Upon entering, her eyes couldn't help but notice the red flashing light coming from her communication system built into the cockpit. Her heart rate increased; panic grew within her as the only people with her contact information were Shuri, Bucky and Sam, all of which she knew would only reach out in an emergency. 

She took her seat within her pilot's chair, flipped the switch to close the ramp behind her and toggled a button allowing the successful transmission of the call. All of a sudden, Steve's face, with dark eyes and a bearded chin, appeared in hologram form in front of her, a worried expression plaguing his well chiseled features. 

"Marci," he said as she appeared in a similar manner on his end, "Are you still in Scotland?" 

Marci's face altered in confusion at his words. The tone of her voice caused her to worry more, "Yes," she replied, "Why?"

"How far are you from Edinburgh?" He then questioned with no other information. Marci could see movement behind him, but it was unclear what it was its cause. She hadn't noticed initially, being too distracted by his words, but he was also suited in his familiar stars and stripes. 

Something was wrong. 

"Ah, about 50 miles, so just a few minutes if I book it," she said after checking her navigation system, "Steve," she said as she watched him mutter something to someone behind him, "Steve, what's going on?"

Steve turned back and looked at her through the camera, his eyes holding a million expressions, yet Marci couldn't pinpoint exactly what they revealed to her. "Marci, do you have your suit?"

Marci swallowed hard, "Well yeah," she said hesitantly.

"You're going to need it," he told her, "People are after Vision and the stone. He needs our help," he nodded to her making sure she understood. 

Marci nodded back and responded without hesitation, "I'll be there," she promised. 

"I'll send the coordinates we got from tracking his energy signature," he turned away from her, she assumed to send the location. "Hurry," he said with a final nod before ending the call. 

Marci was quick to transfer the coordinates into her autopilot system and as soon as she had the numbers punched in, she quickly spun her seat around and stood up. Her feet carried her over to the small closet that was built into the wall of the jet. She placed her hand on the scanner that was programmed just for her. As the door opened with a mechanical whirl, her upgraded suit and weapons were revealed. 

The suit was new, had never been exposed to combat or even worn for a fitting. It was something Shuri had insisted on doing as a favor for her kindness.

 The new catsuit was in a shade of charcoal black, much like her previous suit she had worn in Germany all those years ago. Yet this suit had the advantage of upgraded Wakandan technology embedded into the specialized fabric that was both laced with vibranium and allowed for full use of her powers. The fabric allowed the suit to withstand more damage, but also enhance Marci's own abilities to level in which that hadn't ever manifested before. Marci reached out and removed it from its storage position, holding it tightly within both hands before tracing her thumbs over the fiery orange details that were embedded into the shoulders. She released the breath that her subconscious held and shut the door to the closet, but not before she grabbed her new fighting staff -- also made of vibranium. The women of the Dora Milaje had kindly offered Marci their guidance in the ways of tradiational Wakandan weapons, the new staff was just an updated version of the one she had used for practice.