Rattled To the Bone

ANY IMAGES, GIFS; Lines from the movie, and Karate Kid Characters used in this series DO NOT belong to me. Certain plot points will be changed.

~~~

I felt a bit lightheaded; as my lips smiled at their own accord. I just stood in my place, smirking, relishing in the memories that just happened moments ago. Susan's bright purple and extremely teased hair broke my concentration.

"What's up with you?" She asked, her face plastered with a bored expression.

"Nothing," I answered airly.

She stared at me skeptically, observing my dopey smile and tinted cheeks. She then groaned as she began to put two and two together before replying. "Jade no, not Daniel! Please tell me you're not falling for Daniel."

I laugh at her exaggerated anguish before answering. "Sorry, Suze," I say simply.

Before she could voice her complaints, a very frantic, "Move it, get out of the way!" echoed in the room.

It was Daniel's voice, I could tell. He ran up to me, holding out the showerhead he had on his costume.

"Daniel, what happened?" I asked frantically.

"Nothing, things are just coming around!"

He tossed the showerhead my way before bolting out of the gym. I then heard a group of frantic footsteps. Johnny, Bobby, Tommy, Jimmy, and Dutch all ran with vicious velocity. I hooked Johnny's leg before he could pass me. He let out a yell as he fell, the others tripped over him. They recovered quickly from my trip up, causing me to grow worried.

"Jade, don't." I heard Susan warn, but I couldn't shake the feeling that raced through my mind.

"Jade, don't do it!" But I ignored her warning.

I ran out of the gym pushing past the people that wanted to get a look at the chaotic scene that was unfolding. When I got outside I was greeted with the sight of a fender bender and a group of skeletons zooming down the street. I took off after them in hopes of stopping the fight. My footsteps pounded loudly against the concrete street. I stumbled through the unkempt grass fields as I tried to reach them.

By the time I made it to the first steel gate, Daniel and the others had already started running toward the second gate. I climbed up the gate fine, but getting down was another story. I fell face-first onto the grass before stumbling to get back up.

"Johnny!" I shouted out making him turn to me. Daniel was hunched over signaling that he had already been hit. "What is wrong with you!?" I questioned once I finally reached them.

"Stay out of this Jade! This is between me and this runt." He spat out while featuring toward Daniel.

As I observed Johnny, l noticed that he was soaked to the bone with water. I put two and two together quickly. "No, I won't stay out of this! You are making a big deal out of nothing!"

"Get out of my way Jade," Johnny ordered, stoically ignoring my previous statement.

"No,' I reply defiantly.

"Jade-" Johnny started with gritted teeth, clutching my arms, painfully, making me wince. "Move!"

He shoved me away, making me fall right into Tommy, who held me back. "This is his own fault Jade, he's only getting what's coming to him."

Daniel was still hunched over trying to catch his breath. But before he could stand up straight again, he got kicked right in the face. He staggered back into the steel gate groaning as he slid onto the ground.

"Get him up Dutch!" Johnny ordered.

"Johnny stop!" I thrashed in Tommy's hold, but my attempts at breaking it were futile.

Dutch grabbed Daniel by the back of his head, lifting him back up. He couldn't even stand up anymore.

"Johnny that's enough," Bobby spoke up, his voice tense and apprehensive.

"Shut up!"Johnny yelled.

"He can't even stand up!" Bobby protested.

I began to dig my elbows into Tommy's ribs, his hold slightly faltering.

"That don't me squat!" Dutch sneered.

"Get off of me!" I yelled, I elbowed Tommy in the stomach, making him double over. But he recovered quickly and instead held me down on the ground.

I could hear Daniel's ragged breaths; his eyelids half shut. His lips began to move. The words that tried to come out were a breathless whisper, but I could hear what he was trying to say.

"G-get... off of h-her." He groaned when his sentence finished, Dutch's hand clenched tighter on Daniel's hair. Johnny's face twisted in anger when Daniel spoke.

"She's fine runt! Besides all you had to do was leave me and her alone. You wouldn't be in this mess if you just mind your own business. But you couldn't help yourself could you?" He sneered.

Daniel couldn't speak. The damage that had been done to him was getting to him.

"You're pathetic." Johnny began to get into a fighting stance causing both Bobby and I to voice our protest.

"Johnny he's had enough!" Bobby roared out.

"I'll say when he's had enough!"

"What is wrong with you!" I cried out.

"An enemy deserves no mercy," Johnny spoke robotically.

"Right!" Dutch exclaimed in agreeance.

"You're crazy, man!" Bobby hollered.

Before Johnny could kick Daniel's head off, Mr. Miyagi suddenly shot down from the gate. He pushed Dutch off of Daniel, making Daniel collapse onto the ground. Tommy was stunned above me, his hands still clenched, my wrist holding me down.

"Why are you just staring at him? Get him already!" Johnny yelled completely rattled from the surprise attack.

The second Tommy released me, my wrist throbbed in pain. I sat up almost immediately and was in complete awe when I saw Mr. Miyagi take down Bobby and Tommy with ease. Suddenly, I felt a light touch against the side of my hand. I looked over to see that Daniel had reached out to me. I turned my attention to him, completely, taking a hold of his hand in the process. He gripped mine as tight as he could, my free hand lightly grazing over the nasty-looking bruise that had bloomed on his cheekbone. He closed his eyes at my touch. His breath was shaky and uneven. His grip loosened completely; I knew he had passed out. I began to panic slightly.

"What do I do, what do I do?" I muttered quickly to myself. A figure I saw out of the corner of my eye, made me jump and gasp. I looked up to see Mr. Miyagi kneeling beside me, his sights now solely focused on Daniel.

"Daniel-san?" Mr. Miyagi said quietly. He of course, got no reply. He then lifted Daniel up, leaning him on his shoulder so he could carry him.

"Here I'll get the gate." I got up quickly and pulled the chain off of the fence.

"Thank you." Mr. Miyagi spoke gratefully. He then carried Daniel toward the maintenance office. Before I followed them, I turned around to look, and Johnny and the others. All of them lay on the ground, withering in pain. Maybe this would teach them a lesson... maybe they would finally understand how they made Daniel feel.

But I knew my brother, he wouldn't give up on his grudge that easily.