i play it off but i'm dreaming of you

though i try to hide it, it's
clear! my world crumbles
when you are not near...
- i try by macy gray

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ♡ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

YANDERE! M! FUCKBOY X
CONFIDENT! F! READER

requested by Notyour_Nachos

this story will contain violence,
and other themes typical of a yandere fic.

there will also be sexual themes
and innuendos. also a lot of cussing. and a lot of the people in this one are just assholes tbh.
so fair warning.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ♡ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"Hey, pretty baby, how's it going?"

The tall, dark haired boy leaned against the locker beside hers. He was looking straight into her light brown eyes with his own green ones, making the shy girl even more nervous. And, of course, there was the famed smirk tugging at his lips, a true tell-tale sign of the exact trope he played into so well.

If you looked for the word "fuckboy" in the dictionary, it'd pop up with a picture of him.

David O'Hare. Suck a stereotype.

Meanwhile the mousy girl he was currently flirting with was an entirely different kind of stereotype. New girl, just moved into town, quiet and bookish.

"Um, I─ I'm good...?" the girl stammered out.

It was truly like something out a book.

"You're cute when you're flustered, y'know that?" he continued.

"God, leave the poor girl alone, O'Hare," came a new voice, from a few lockers away, interrupting the truly cliché scene.

The pair turned, and saw (Y/N) (L/N), head tilted as she watched them both observe her for a moment── the girl looking relieved, and David looking annoyed.

"You made her so nervous she ran away, stupid," (Y/N) continued.

Sure enough, David turned to see the girl speed-walking away to her next class. He rolled his eyes, and turned back to face her.

"Or..." he countered. "You scared her off because you're a killjoy."

(Y/N) sarcastically hummed. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, man."

"Y'know what would really help me sleep at night...?" David took a slow step closer, the smirk returning to his face.

"God, not again..." she muttered under her breath.

"Having you in my bed~"

"Answer's still no, Davey."

His smirk instantly fell. "You know I hate when you call me that!" His voice sounded almost like a whine.

(Y/N) snickered. "And you know I hate it when you try to make innocent girls your next victim."

"Because you're jealous?"

"Because they don't know how to stand up for themselves," she retorted.

"They don't need to! I back off when girls says no."