extra | smash or pass

yuanfen.
act five, extra.
"smash or pass"

_

NOTE: this chapter is canon to the story, but i just wrote it for fun & to show some more of dahlia's friendship with hana and lena just because i feel like i haven't touched on it too much. enjoy <3

3 DAYS PRIOR, THE DAY BEFORE THE GREECE INCIDENT.

    DAHLIA HAD NO IDEA how she managed to continuously put herself in such awkward situations. She currently sat beside Hana on the floor in her friend's dormitory. Lena was there too, sprawled out across the couch with her head resting on a pillow. Two bottles of wine sat on the coffee table– one empty while the other one only half full. The alcohol that Dahlia had already consumed caused a feeling of warmth to spread throughout the entirety of her body. The trio were in the middle of a game of smash or pass, something that Hana had suggested they do with copious amounts of giggling. Both Lena and Dahlia had declined at first, though after some (very childish) begging from their other friend, they eventually agreed.

    "Okay, okay," Hana said as she took a sip of her glass of wine. The Korean girl was very lightweight, and after only a couple half-full glasses, she was already showing signs of intoxication. "Reinhardt, smash or pass? I say smash."

    Both Lena and Dahlia said pass, which Hana wasn't too happy about. She made sure to call them both "boring" and "tasteless" before moving on to the next person.

    "Dr. Zielger? Definitely a smash."

    Lena hummed thoughtfully, then shrugged. "Smash," she said. Dahlia stayed quiet, cursing her friends as they both turned to look at her. She hated this game, and she felt almost awkward as she agreed that her boss was a smash.

    "McCree," Hana continued. She grinned as she spoke the cowboy's name; Dahlia wasn't sure if the pink dusting her friend's cheeks was due to the alcohol or the thoughts that were currently running through her head. "Smash."

    Lena said pass, but she made sure to point out that McCree's southern charm definitely did him wonders when it came to picking up potential partners. Dahlia hesitated before answering once again. She recalled the date she had with the cowboy, as well as the kiss she shared with him when the night was over. It wasn't bad, though she knew now that it was only a one time thing. She eventually said pass, which surprised the others (apparently they both believed that Dahlia had a thing for Jesse McCree.)

    "Oh, I have a good one!" Hana then said with a sly look in Lena's direction. The next name that she said made Dahlia's heartbeat immediately quicken, and her throat grew dry. "Genji."

    "Pass," Lena answered almost immediately. "Too much like a brother to me."

    Hana shrugged. "That's okay. He's definitely a smash for me."

    "You've said smash for every person, Hana!" Dahlia pointed out, praying that her friends didn't notice the reddening of her cheeks at the mention of the ninja. She hoped that she would be able to avoid answering by distracting them.

    "Uh, yeah. Is there a problem?"

    Dahlia rolled her eyes, saying nothing. She expected them to move on, though right before Hana said the next name, Lena sat up on the couch and called Dahlia's name. "You didn't answer," she pointed out with a cheeky grin.

    Dahlia inwardly groaned, cursing herself for growing so nervous by them simply mentioning Genji's name. Surely they saw the blush on her cheeks now. She wanted nothing more than to sink into the floor and disappear. "Do I have to?"

    "Your reluctance makes me more curious," Lena said, shrugging.

    Hana appeared in front of her, eyebrows wiggling as if she already knew the answer. "Smash or pass, Dahlia?"

    Dahlia swallowed and looked away. She thought back to the dream she had about the ninja, and she immediately began to feel her insides churn inside her. Her entire body suddenly felt hot, causing her to shift uncomfortably on the floor. She crossed her legs over one another before she squeaked out: "Smash, I guess."

    Hana laughed loudly, the sound echoing throughout the small room. She shoved an accusatory finger in Dahlia's face. "I knew there was something going on between you two!"

    "That means nothing!" Dahlia objected with a frantic shake of her head. She felt as if she was about to explode with embarrassment.

    "To be fair-" Lena spoke up. She shot Dahlia an apologetic look, almost as if she regretted pointing out her reluctance to answer. Dahlia knew better than that though; it was obvious the Brit was enjoying it as much as Hana. "-by your logic, that would mean that there's something going on between you and everyone on this base."

    Hana shrugged, grinning sheepishly. "I can't help it that everyone here is good looking!"

As the pair continued their bickering, Dahlia buried her head into her hands. She really needed to stop putting herself in such awkward situations.