A Hero Is Born Part 1

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

MK steps forward with excitement from Tang's story and began posing. "Oh! Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome-" He was cut off by his father figure.

"Oh, MK. And you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories." Tang leans back as Mk slides in front of him.

"Oh, but I do." MK pulls out a red book. "I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King. Written and illustrated by yours truly. Like I knew he was born from a stone, and live behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And- and- and oh!"

Tang grabs the red book as the boy rambles on about monkey king. "It's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips." He clears his throat while looking at MK. "Well, you know the deal: one story, one free bowl of Zha jiang mian. Hmm?"

"Huh? Oh right, free noodles! Yep, on it." Mk moves over to a bowl off noodles and continues talking, not being aware a certain restaurant owner is watching him. "How heavy do you think a mountain is? Compare to like-" As he attempts to grab the bowl but the owner throws a spoon at him.

The bowl of noodles was soon airborne and the sound of pigs is also in the air. "Free noodles?!" Pigsy grabs the bowl and yells at the two. "No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang!"

Tang lightly pushes the owner back and smiles. "Ah, but Pigsy. I was paying with wisdom."

Pigsy of course wasn't satisfied with that and continues to yell. "Yeah? Well, wisdom don't pay the rent, you freeloader! And you!" He turns his attention to MK and points at him. "You've been slacking off all morning! I've got a dozen orders that need to go out, so quit slacking and get packing!" As he was walking MK back into a wall, the door chime was heard, well only Tang heard it. Mk wasn't able to with the yelling.

Kai blinks a few times from watching what's unfolding in the noodle shop and looks at Tang, debating if she ask on what's going on but feels she has a good idea of what.

MK looks down at Pigsy while thinking he's going to get yelled at for what he's about to say. "Yeah. I was about to take my break. So.."

"Break? Break?! There's no break in war! I need workers. Soldiers in the army of Pigsy's Noodles, home of the world's longest noodles. How else am I gonna expand my business into enemy territory?"

MK looks over at the window. "Uh, do you mean across the street?" He questions before seeing a familiar face at the entrance which made him smile.

Pigsy ignored the smile he made, focused on his business at the moment. "I stand by my statement! Now, hurry up!" He gives Mk a bag of food pushes him to the door and kicks him out. It was until then he noticed Kai who innocently points at Tang, it was then he sees the man eating noodles. He grabs a spoon and tries to attack Tang with it. "Hey, get back here, you coward!"

"No, Pigsy!"

"I want my money!"

Kai calmly walks over to a stool as Pigsy is chasing Tang around dining area and sees a bowl of noodles. "You know Pigsy, it's bad management to not give your employees a break." She reaches over and grabs the bowl. Pigsy stops hitting Tang with his wooden spoon and looks over at her. "Also, you shouldn't push MK so hard. He's still a growing boy and a break is good for his body...Plus he'll be able to gain energy and use it for his deliveries."

Pigsy sighed as he moves over to behind the counter and leans against it. "Honestly Kai, it's times like these is where I hate you for making good points but I'm sure you're saying that so I can go easy on him because you're worried about him." He was about to take the bowl of noddles away till some money was slammed next to it. Kai gives off an innocent smile as she watches him back off and she began to eat. "..At this point just adopt the kid." Pigsy sees her stop eating and her smile went away.

"Yeah, I mean you do act like a mother to him." Tang said while agreeing with the idea. "You do come by with breakfast or dinner once in awhile, you quickly come by when finds a spider in his room, and-"

"You come by when he calls you after having a nightmare, you sing to him back to sleep..Honestly, what a baby." His eyes widen and he quickly ducks before turning around. Her chopsticks were sticking out of the wall. "Okay! Sorry! But seriously, have you ever thought about it?"

Kai looks down at her bowl and went silent.

"I have but..I don't think he'll need someone like me as his adoptive mother."