Chapter 1: Where it all began

Y/n ran as fast as she could. Her breath was fast she felt like she could barely breathe. But she couldn't stop or she would get weeks of detention for sure! Y/n made her way to a door she had never seen before. But 'oh no!' The teachers are coming, she had no Choice she had to go in the door. She opened it, it made a loud squeak. Y/n flinched in fear. She quickly got in and closed the door. She turned around and there was a long stone staircase. She sighed, she was already out of breath now she had to walk up this who knows how long stairs! She sighed one more time and started her way up the stair's. After a little bit of walking she saw a light. The sunlight shined though colored glass bottles with some swimming creatures in them. Y/n peered over the railing and saw a boy just about her age. He had curly messy dirty blonde hair and freckles painting his face. She couldn't see his eyes because he was slouched over a box in the corner of the small room. Y/n started to turn around but she was stunned staring at the boy. He looked so focused on what he was doing. "Hello." Y/n said. The boy jumped in his seat. Flipping his head around to look at her. "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Y/n walked fully up the stairs toward the boy. "Oh I-i-uhh.." the boy stumbled over his words. The boy took a moment and examined Y/n. They made eye contact for just a moment but it gave Y/n just enough time to see his fascinating hazel eyes. "I'm sorry, I just have a hard time getting words out sometimes.." the boy said. "That's ok, I love to talk! I'm Y/n-" you stopped not wanting to say your last name. "Y/n..uhh.. Bailey! Yeah! Y/n Bailey." "I'm Newt Scamander." He flicked his eyes up to Y/n's for a moment then there was a tiny cheep. Newt flipped his head around looking into a tiny cardboard box. "It's ok..I'm here.." he said to the box. "What's that?" Y/n asked. "I um..I found her outside. She was hurt and abandoned." He lifted his hands. In them was a tiny raven chick. Y/n stepped backwards nocking into some bottles. "Oh I'm sorry, it's just that creatures kinda freak me out.." "What? They are amazing and kind! There so much better then humans.." Newt immediately lit up when he started talking about creatures. It made Y/n clam down a little bit. Newt put the chick back into the box. "Come here, you'll be ok. I promise." Newt reached out his hand shyly. Y/n cautiously took his hand. He gently pulled her over. He dropped her hand and scooped up the tiny bird. "I really don't know.." Y/n pulled away slightly. "Do you trust me?" Newt asked. Y/n looked at Newt then said. "Yes." She knelt down. Y/n held out her hands. Newt placed the tiny chick in her hand. She froze up as she felt its tiny feet in her hands. "Oh this isn't so bad." Y/n said smiling softly. The corners of Newt lips curled into a small smile. His eyes lit up a little bit when he say her smile. Newt stared at Y/n as she smiled and giggled at the little chick. Her white blond hair shining in the sun light. Her pale sick and blue eyes glowing as she smiled. He had never seen such a beautiful smile in his life.

Ever since Y/n and Newt met that day in the tower they had been inseparable. They spent every waking moment together. Y/n was bullied for being a "Freak" for her unique looks and her incredible magical abilities. Newt was always there for her, he was also bullied for being weird and shy. They also had a third friend named Leta. They were known as the weird trio. The freaks and weirdos all hanging out together all the time. One day in defense against the dark arts, they where learning about boggerts and how to defend yourself agents one. When it was Newts turn his was a desk. He turned it into a dragon. 'That's Newt.' Y/n thought smiling to herself. "Ok Y/n it's your turn." Professor Dumbledore. "Uhhh I think I got it from the demonstration!" Y/n mumbled out. "Why don't you want to do it? Worried that everyone will see your worst fear freak?" One girl said from the line. "Non of that now, Y/n everyone else had to do it, if you don't I'll have to fail you." He said. "I'll take the fail." Y/n told him. "Y/n.." Dumbledore said pushing her toward the dragon that was made out of desk supplies. "No!" Y/n yelled and ran out of the classroom crying. Newt and Leta looked at each other then ran after her.
Y/n ran down the halls tears streaming down her face. "Y/n! Wait!" Leta called after her. Y/n didn't stop, she ran until she made it to a big stair case. Then she tripped over her feet and fell on one of the steps. "Y/n!" Newt said running over and helping her up. "Y/n are you ok?" He asked. "Yeah..I'm sorry.." Y/n said wiping her eyes. "I just.." She took a deep breath. "I just can't let them see what my deepest fear is." "That's ok, you shouldn't have to." Leta told her, giving her a comforting smile. They all had a group hug, on the stairs. "How about we get back at that girl Bella. Fill her bag with grindylows or something she'll hate!" Leta said, They all laughed. "I'd like that." Y/n said.