prologue

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. ❞

yoo jisoo.

the name itself carried a melody, a rhythm that resonated through the very core of my being. jisoo, an epitome of beauty and grace, became an unexpected muse, painting my world with colors i had never seen before.

in the brief span that i had known her, i marveled at her charisma, witnessed the unwavering strength in her convictions, and basked in the warmth of her kindness. 

yet, it was her undeniable power that intrigued me the most. a power that transcended the ordinary, hidden beneath the façade of a seemingly ordinary existence.

they called me a man of few words—focused, cold, and unemotional. but jisoo, she saw beyond the labels, indifferent to the judgments. 

we were two sides of the same coin, strong in the face of the world's expectations, yet secretly yearning for validation we pretended not to need. broken, yet unbowed. 

in her, i found a reflection of my own struggles, and in that shared vulnerability, a connection blossomed.

behind her benevolent exterior lurked a complexity that mirrored my own. impatient, unmerciful, cunning—traits forged in the crucible of life's challenges. she, too, was real. real in the sense that she stood before me, unapologetically flawed and authentic.

as our lives intertwined, a silent understanding developed, a silent pact shared between two kindred spirits. 

"don't leave me," i whispered one fateful day, my words carried away by the winds that surrounded us. 

i feared becoming the force that compelled her to choose between me and her family, yet i yearned to be selfish, to grasp onto a newfound desire that had taken root in my heart.

and then, there it was—a preternatural cloud swirling with enigma, an otherworldly portal that beckoned her. 

"사랑해," i confessed, the foreign words rolling off my tongue. i love you. a declaration, as rare as the language from which it emerged.

"when fate is on our side, i will find you again," she promised, a solitary tear tracing its path down her cheek before she vanished into the abyss.

oh.

oh.

that was how selfish i was.

she heard me.

words, like secrets, flow faster in the wind.

now, the echoes of our whispered confessions reverberate through the void, and we are left to navigate the pain of what we can never become—a painful testament to the impossibility of us.

a/n:

a/n:

HEY.

if y'all didn't notice how this book suddenly disappeared in your library, don't worry i just changed a few things (the cover and the way i construct a chapter basically). although, the flow of the story remains as is but maybe i'd add a few things along the way. ;)