The Namikaze Legend, Chapter 30

"We will now commence the second round to the final portion of the Chuunin exam. The first match is...Aoba Yoki versus Sabaku no Gaara. Please step down to the center of the arena."

Yoki jumped down and made his way to the center as Gaara did the same. Gaara looked at Yoki and grinned.

"It's you...mother wants your blood..."

Yoki picked his ear and looked at his pinky apathetically.

"Uh, yeah, how about no."

The proctor was a bit startled but placed his hands between the two.

"You boys ready?"

Gaara stood still but Yoki dropped into stance. Wrong move, raccoon.

"...Go!"

Gaara didn't move a muscle as Yoki jumped back. It was slightly disappointing for the audience but Yoki didn't particularly care. Not everyone attacks the minute they call the match. Kurama was practically laughing his ass off in Yoki's head when Gaara declared that "mother" wanted his container's blood. Who would've thought that the raccoon was a mother.

The two stood still for a moment before Yoki cocked his head to the side.

"Ya know, if you're not going to attack first, I'll do the honors."

Yoki rolled his neck before charging straight at Gaara. Gaara didn't even twitch when Yoki cocked his fist back. When the punch came close to his face, his sand had immediately shifted into place, ready to block the incoming attack. What Gaara failed to see was the wind chakra that had encased Yoki's hand. By the time Gaara had realized his mistake, the hand had pierced his sand and gone straight at his jaw.

Yoki watched as Gaara rocketed through the arena, all the way across to the other side. Gaara made a nice crater when he made contact with the wall.

"Whoops." Yoki drawled.

Gaara, as expected, survived the hit and was now taking his time to get up. Yoki tsk-ed and dashed in front of Gaara (he didn't want to use hiraishin just yet). Not giving the redhead a chance, he rammed his chakra enforced fist into Gaara's stomach, nullifying the sand defense with the chakra. Gaara let out a gag but couldn't defend himself as Yoki continued his barrage of unbelievably fast and strong punches. Yoki finally relented as he sent one last punch into the crazed boy's chin. Gaara was, once again, sent to the ground to eat dirt.

"Ah, and here I thought you'd be a challenge. I guess the one tail...pales in comparison to the nine tails."

A few people in the audience gasped at the mention of the bijuus. Minato paled at the taunting his son was participating in. You don't make fun of a bijuu! Kurama, on the other hand, was cracking up to no end.

Way to rile up that son of a bitch, kit.

No problem, Kurama.

Playing right into Yoki's hands, Gaara let out a blood curdling scream, obviously on that belonged to none other than the Shukaku.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU LITTLE BAG OF FUCK! I'LL TEAR YOU TO PIECES-"

Yoki's stupid chuckle interrupted the bijuu's rant as he continued reading the orange book he had taken out. He picked his nose with his pinky as he continued to read with a fair blush.

"LISTEN TO ME, YOU LITTLE SHIT-"

"AOBA YOKI, YOU BETTER LISTEN TO HIM THIS INSTANT! AND THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU WITH THAT DAMNED BOOK, I'LL HANG YOU UP BY YOUR TOENAILS OVER A POOL OF SHARKS, YA HEAR! BURN IT RIGHT NOW!"