{Chapter 2}

You stood beside the window, hidden by the curtain. The midday ray danced past your figure that was cocooned in shadow provided by the curtain. You knew all too well if you stepped out of the shadows and into the warm sun you'd surely die. Much like the many other demons you had faced previously.

You were proudly wearing your Demon Slayer uniform and a wisteria haori but once belonged to your Sensei. It was her last gift to you before you went to the final selection. It may not seem like much but she was like a mother to you.
You watched the scene play outside. Earlier you were practising your breath style forms, only the breathing part of it. But your tenth form, Flower orchid, either turns or just grows massive wisteria trees.

And who you believe are the news reporters, are going crazy about it. The police were even there, trying to shoo them away. Well, they're doing a better job than the doctors since they have patients to worry about.

*Knock* *knock*

A soft knock at your door. Turning to face whoever is at the door; answering them with a soft "come in."
The door warily opened.

"I'm not disturbing you, (l/n)-senpai?" The familiar gentle face of Nanami appeared from behind the door; greeting you with a sweet smile.
"No. Not at all." You turn your full body towards her, remaining in the shadows of the room.

"Oh good! I thought I was since I accidentally walked in on you while you were meditating. Sorry about that." She bowed her head in apology.
You shack your head, "No. It's quite fine."

Her eyes brightened at your words. And her already big smile got even larger. But her cheerful face suddenly becomes shocked, like she remembered something.

You could just look into her eyes and see what she was shocked about. But you couldn't due to the constant movement of her eyes because of her Nystagmus.

"Oh, I almost forgot! There are going to be some people coming later today. Oh wait, don't worry it's not one of the crazy interviewers." You sighed. Relieved at the thought of not meeting a pushy interviewer.

"Anyway, I was thinking it would be a good idea if you go for walk outside?" Nanami suggested.

"Nanami... I can't go in the sun... I'll die." You informed her. To your surprise, she just greeted you with a sweet smile.

"I know... That's why I prepared with a traditional umbrella and just to make you feel a little bit more comfortable, I also brought a kimono, so you don't have to always walk around in your samurai uniform. I'm sure you remember that a pushy interviewer managed to get into your room. And took a picture. Not of all of you! but most of your lower body so the public somewhat knows what you look like with your Samurai uniform and your haori. But they'll probably only be able to identify you with your clothes. I just wanted you to get out of the room since you're kind of in solitary confinement here just being locked up in a room and not being able to do anything..."
Taking in all of the information Nanami gave you you gave her a sweet smile. "Thank you... Nanami."

(Small time skip!)

After changing into the kimono, Nanami took you through the hospital and out the front door. And there you were met with a barricade of police officers around the front entrance, forming a protective wall all to stop all the crazy interviewers trying to enter the hospital.

You and Nanami managed to slink your way through without catching the attention of the media. Moving out of the shade you open the umbrella and hold it over your head to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
You and Nanami were just simply walking in peaceful silence. Nanami was enjoying the beautiful spectacle of the dancing petals of the wisteria trees that had formed around the hospital.
"(L/n)-senpai isn't wisteria one of your weaknesses?" Nanami looked at you in worry.