01

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘱. ❞

[ present ]

the room hung heavy with an unusual tension, the aftermath of kartein's recent humiliation lingering palpably. perched atop the table adorned with carefully arranged picture frames, kartein, now in his cat form, couldn't contain his curiosity.

"who's this?" he inquired, golden eyes narrowing at a framed picture featuring jiwoo with an unnamed lady. the table, a mosaic of memories, vividly portrayed jiwoo's life through carefully captured moments.

"she's pretty," kartein remarked with a hint of bitterness, as if the mere presence of another alongside his beauty was disagreeable. despite this, he vehemently denied any feelings of jealousy, a sentiment shared with his friend kayden.

kayden, lounging on the sofa, assumed his human form. stretching his limbs, he looked over at the picture kartein pointed to, curiosity piqued.

"that's the jisuk kid's twin," kayden explained casually. perplexed, kartein questioned why he hadn't noticed her at the hospital. unfazed, kayden revealed that she worked as a model, frequently traveling abroad.

"how old is she?" kartein asked, only to be met with kayden's teasing remark that she was "too old" for him. indignant, kartein smacked kayden in annoyance, the feeble attack causing more harm to his cat form than to kayden's robust human body.

switching to his human form, kartein expressed a sudden interest in the world of modeling. kayden, ever the provocateur, asked if kartein would consider pursuing such a career.

"i didn't mean it like that, kayden, break!" he huffed, now also switching to his human form with not much trouble. "if she's that young to be a model, then maybe i can be one too."