Hello?

"Man...fuck this," I sighed as I closed the Biology book I had borrowed not too long ago from the library. "Fuck being a doctor...I'll sell drugs or smth," I mumbled to myself as I sat back in my wooden chair. I direct my eyes to the ceiling of the library - an exquisite dark oak. "I'm sorry ma, I didn't mean that," I mumbled to myself once again, immediately regretting my previous statement.

I retrieve my phone from my pocket and check the time. Yikes, 10:30 pm...the library will be closing in another 15 minutes. "I'll just take the book back to my dorm and study," I thought. My eyes scan the library for any sign of human life so I can check out my book. I couldn't see anyone. I sighed as I lifted myself from chair knowing I'd have to go to the front desk. I grabbed my leather satchel and placed my phone inside. Grabbing the book, I began my journey to the front desk. It was quite far as the library was big and I was sitting at a table close to the back. "That's what I get for attending such a "prestigious college"," I grumbled.

I make my way to the front desk, placing the Biology book on the polished wood. I look up only to be greeted with a back... This person was quite large with broad shoulders. They had wispy black hair that was thrown in a bun at the back of their head.

"Hello?," I stated. No answer. "Excuse me," I said louder. ...Still nothing. Where's this guy's manners??? "Sir?" I exclaimed beginning to get frustrated. I let out a loud sigh before reaching across the desk to tap him on the shoulder.

"AaaGhH!" The man yelped, swinging his arm around as he did so. I quickly dodged his hand and stared at him with disbelief. "WHAT THE HELL MAN? ARE YOU FUCKING DEAF?" I screamed completely enraged, "So fucking rude!" His face contorted from one of fear to one of shock. I could tell he was sorry but he wasn't saying anything! He started moving his hands around in a really weird way and I was growing more and more irritated by the second. He still hasn't said anything! I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight to one foot. "Ahh, uh...," the boy muttered face growing sad as he searched for something behind the desk. "Look, I just wanna check this book out from the library so I can be on my merry way," I sighed, "So can you please just service me?" When he stopped rummaging around I caught a glimpse of what he had been searching for.

It was a notepad and pen. Weird. What's he gonna do with that? I saw him immediately begin to scribble something on the paper before ripping out the page and presenting it to me.

In poorly written script, it read...

------------------------------------------------------------
I am so sorry ma'am.

Please forgive me.

I'm deaf so I didn't hear you when you spoke.

I was so surprised when you tapped my shoulder so I must also apologize for that too.

My sincerest apologies.

How can I help?

P.S. I can read lips but if you're uncomfortable with me looking at your mouth feel free to write on this paper instead.

------------------------------------------------------------

Oh. OH MY GOD. "He's deaf Isis...you're such a shitty person for this..." I whispered to myself. Wait. I shouldn't whisper like that, he might take it the wrong way. I quickly grab the pen and scribbled down an apology on the paper. I slid it over to him with sad eyes. His eyes scanned the paper quickly before he met mine and gave me a forgving smile. He pointed to the book I had placed on the desk so long ago. He must be asking if I want to check it out. I nod measly, giving him an apologetic smile.

I was making my way to my dorm. The sky was dark and thanks to all of the light posts, not a single star was in sight. I sighed. "That was really shitty Isis," I grumbled to myself, "You need to make it up to him." But how was I gonna do that... Before I knew it, I was infornt of my dorm's door. As I began unlocking the door, it hit me.

I know exactly how I'll make it up to him.

Well then...that's he first chapter. Quite a bit to read but hopefully it's good.🤸‍♀️

Stay tuned💀👍